• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New background instead of layer

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has only just started happening and I have no idea why.

I can open an image and it appears as a locked background (never even noticed the lock before now)

When I try to drag and drop another image onto it as a layer it just opens up as a fresh new background image and only the latest one appears in the layers palette.

I can still see the other in the workspace and if I click on the original then it is the only one that appears in the palette

I have reset preferences but this has made no difference.

Any help is appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to drag and drop another image onto it

How exactly? Do you drag it into the Canvas?

You could use File > Place … instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be a work around

Originally it would allow the second image to appear in the canvas and then I could select an area within that second image and then paste it onto the original/background

It does not allow that any more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to have several images as separate windows you could chose Standard Screen Mode (F) and turn off tabbing and docking (Photoshop > Preferences > Workspace > …).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks again but it's not that quite what I was looking to achieve. Until yesterday I opened one image and when I simply dragged a second image onto the same canvas it simply created a new layer.

Your earlier suggestion works but I would love to find out what has changed or what I have done to prevent this happening since yesterday.

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines