Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Delay Issue when drawing

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using an Ipad Pro 2nd Gen to run Adobe Draw, but seems that my device can't handle the application.

When drawing or erasing, application usually becomes slow, and starts having a huge delay. I already went to Apple Support and they made all kinds of tests to the device to check that everything was running ok.

I'm attaching a video.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Hi NathK.

I spoke with the Draw team and they would like it if you could share a link to the drawing you're working on in the video.

Here's how to do that:

Open the drawing you want to share (you should be able to see all your drawing tools).

Tap the Share icon (square with an arrow in the upper nav and choose Share Link to Porject.

Don't post it publicly; instead please direct message that link to me here (tap on my name then Message).

Thanks.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NathK.

Thanks for the video. It makes it pretty darn clear that things aren't working as they should be. A couple of questions:

* From this video it looks like the only art that's on the page is that one little section you're drawing. By any chance do you have additional layers/content hidden? If you do, can you tell me what that consists of (layers, complexity)?

* What happens if you force-quit the app, restart the device, then relaunch Draw? Does drawing become any easier?

* I know this sounds unrelated, but do you use Capture CC? If you do, do you have shapes in those libraries that you use in Draw? How many shapes are in each library?

Thanks for your time with this.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! Thanks for your response. Let me go through all your questions:

1) It is indeed a little drawing made on a page corner made from a simple shape and another layer for the colour that I merged later on (attaching image)

2) Nope, doesn't matter even if its the only open app before a clean restart from iPad.

3) No, not using Capture CC haven't tried it yet.

To me, it looks like a problem when rendering (if this is still a thing) the brush shapes. Happens with both, complex and super simple drawings.

By that way, I'm running the latest iOS update 11.1.2 and latest available version of adobe draw.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help

D6FE15A1-9AC6-4F79-BD49-FEB7B030C1F5.png9AEE575E-26C8-4A72-91A5-40CD2A79F816.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks NathK.

This is really helpful (your answers are what I expected). I've contacted the Draw team and I'm just waiting to hear back.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi NathK.

I spoke with the Draw team and they would like it if you could share a link to the drawing you're working on in the video.

Here's how to do that:

Open the drawing you want to share (you should be able to see all your drawing tools).

Tap the Share icon (square with an arrow in the upper nav and choose Share Link to Porject.

Don't post it publicly; instead please direct message that link to me here (tap on my name then Message).

Thanks.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Sue,

I would like to chime in here because I am having the same issues on my iPad Pro and it just started a few days ago when I up dated my iPad to,the most recent operating system.  besides a delay in operation it also closes the program frequentl.  I have restarted my devive, and I’m have backed everything up and done a factory reset.  Still having problems.  It is a ltitle better if I start a new project and delete to the fewest layers but eventually I have the same problem.  Please let me know if there is a fix for this. 

Sincerely,

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharon.

Although I received a lot of feedback over the holidays of Draw lagging, If the app is crashing, you may be having a different problem than what's happening to NathK. A quick question:

Are you using Capture CC?

I know this sounds unrelated but if you are using it, please sign in to https://assets2.adobe.com/assets/libraries with your Adobe ID and tell me how many Capture shapes you have in any SINGLE Capture library.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

I do not use CC Capture but I had saved a lot of my drawings as vector smart objects and they were all stored in one library.  I deleted from 28 down to 7 and have had no delay issues while drawing for the past 2 hours so perhaps that was it.  So perhaps that was it.  Thanks so much for your feedback. 

Sincerely,

Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sharon.

That's not a large number of assets for a single library, but if they were complex perhaps they were causing a problem.

Until the team puts a fix into Draw if you just keep them in separate libraries it will help.

Thanks for letting me know everything's working okay now.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All:

I, too have been encountering maddenIng delays and crashes after the latest updates. It’s particularly distressing to have it crash when painting  abstractly because there is really no way to reproduce the last portion of the painting I was working on.  I’m looking forward to the fix!

Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amy.

I'm sorry; I know how frustrating the lagging freezing and crashing can be.

Can you tell me a bit more about what you're experiencing and when you're experiencing it? Some people are experiencing crashes as soon as they launch the app. The delays, on the other hand, are somewhat more random, and the experiences differ.

Any additional information you can give me will be helpful.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having this issue and it seems tied to a drawing I just created today. I’m hoping there’s a workaround or fix available now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ellen.

When you sign in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw do you see the drawing there?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Thanks for following up. I do see the drawing when I sign in using that link. I also duplicated it and see that one too. The duplicate has the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Ellen.

I'm so sorry I didn't see your response until just now.

Probably the best thing to do, if you can pretty much identify it as the "problem," is to get it out of the app. Are you able to save the drawing as  PDF or send it to the desktop apps? Or is that function stuck/not working?

If it's not working, will you share the drawing with me through the in-app feedback? Since the drawing is synced, you can do this from the app:

Tap the Share icon (square with an arrow in the upper nav and choose Share Link to Project.

Either send that through the in-app feedback (tap Settings, then Send Feedback) or direct message it to me here (tap my name then Message).

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing this issue as well.  THe drawing stops working - halts for a bit and then it’s like some actions were “buffered” and then all a sudden “complete”.  I get messages like “working / Cance” sometimes.  I also get this brief light thing that I think is like a little “paintbucket” with an ! and an X  Sometimes I might be erasing something and the app will freeze, then when it comes back it’s like I dragged my pencil (Apple) across the screen, wiping a swipe across everything.  My pencil was not on the glass, but in my frustration I was trying to move it to the brush selector to see if I could select a different brush.

I would NOT say this question is answered or solved as the title suggests.

Are any Adobe staff still watching this thread??

iPad Pro 10.5”

iOS 11.3

Draw is the only app running

Only one layer below

Draw is the latest and greatest as of 4-10-2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JM

This exact issue came up with someone through the in-app feedback. A single layer. And a super simple drawing. And a lot of stalling and lagging.

Is this happening with every drawing you work on? Or are there one or two in particular that you're noticing this?

Do you use Capture shapes in Draw?

Have you tried force-quitting the app and restarting your device? Did that help?

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling? Did that help?

When you sign in with your Adobe ID to http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=draw do you see all the work that's on your iPad represented there? (If you don't see all of your work there, definitely do not uninstall Draw.)

Would you be willing to share this drawing with me?

Please et me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be happening more and more on almost every drawing.  These drawings are of the same type: I have some old cartoons that are pixel based.  I put them on a layer and reduce their opacity to about 20%  Then I practice inking them on a vector layer above.

Not using capture shapes for these drawings.

Yes I tried quitting, rebooting etc.  Not real change.

I see all my work when I log in but I am warned to export all my work if a reinstall is the recommendation.

Sure I would share drawing(s) with you.  They are not anything I would ever distribute for copyright reasons.  They are just me practicing inking techniques like I said.

Thanks for getting right on this.  I am frustrated with Adobe right now because I have, (like many others), an iMAC Pro about to come to my front door.  People are reporting terrible performance and especially in AI it seems.  I will have only 14 days to decide if the price is worth it given the software I use ie: Adobe applications.  If I am plunking down nine grand (in my case), I can't see keeping the computer if it's not going to really help performance.

I know you are not Apple , but there has been a MAC OS update and updates to CC.  There doesn't seem to be resolution so far.

Very frustrating for many.  Nay "kicking up the chain" there at Adobe would be MUCH appreciated!

The thread is at: Re: 2018 CC apps running extremely slow on imac pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

I verified all my mobile content was saved in the Adobe cloud.  I went ahead and deleted and then re-installed AI Draw.

As I think about these drawings that are showing all these issues, they all have areas that have been "filled in".  Now you can't use selections and fills as far as I know in this app so the "fills" are technically "lots of fat lines".

Maybe these are taxing the hardware as they are continually being redrawn and calculated as the image is moved, turned and worked on.

NOTE:  I stand corrected!  YES!  You can do fills for closed shapes in this app.  I have a strong suspicion my thoughts on this are correct - that using essentially "lines" to fill in closed shapes is not the "right" way to do this.  I am thinking these fills that are created with a long touch inside these closed shapes are calculated more efficiently.

I do not know if this is related to others issues of lag, stumbling etc, but I am going to keep an eye on this factor as I continue with these drawings and see if this helps.

I am interested what you think of my take on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

One more thought if this is true, this app will continue to suffer from these issues unless there is a way to select a shape, any fills and and "touchup lines" inside and somehow combine them.

I feel like my observation on this, at least in my use case, because using this app the way I was  sucks the battery life out of the iPad.  This would indicate to me that the hardware is going nuts making calculation constantly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

So far today, testing with one image and one draw layer and no other Adobe apps running, using fills instead of drawing in fills, the issue is happening a lot less, but still occurs.

Just updating you.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JM.

There are definitely modes of drawing that created complexities in the drawing (the Draw team is looking at ways to simplify art as people draw, without affecting the final outcome).

It sounds like at least one thing you were doing, using line work to fill enclosed shapes, might have been causing the lag you were seeing. And it would make sense that you were seeing it in every drawing because it was the technique you were using in every drawing.

It sounds like you've deleted all of your old work. But if you haven't, I'd still like you to share one of those drawings with me so I could pass it along to the engineering team. They're super useful to them. Let me know if you still have one in your Archive (they remain here http://assets.adobe.com/assets/mobile?filter=archive) and I'll let you know how to share it with me (I prefer you not post it here).

I'm glad Draw is running well again for you (at least it sounds like it is) but let me know if you start experiencing the same lagging/stalling again.

About the Creative Cloud apps... I don't know a whole lot about what's going on there, and don't have a lot of involvement with those teams, but I'm happy to bring that post (Re: 2018 CC apps running extremely slow on imac pro) to someone's attention.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

Thanks for the help.

Like I said it's "better" but not completely solved.  Sometimes you can't "fill everything" so there will be some things that must be "lines'  If what I am seeing is just "data load", then today in my testing after writing what I did above, that limit was reached very quickly.

So yeah, at the "end of the day", I am still seeing some of this behavior.

Sorry, I'm not clear as to the steps to get one or more of these drawing to you.

Please advise.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JM.

* From the Project view (you should be able to see all the drawings in the project and you shouldn't be able to see all your other projects) in the app choose the project you want to share.

* Tap the Share icon (square with an arrow) in the upper nav and choose Share Link to Project.

* Send that link to me.

That will send the entire project, so if there is more than one drawing in it, just let me know which one(s) I should be looking at.

Don't post it publicly. Either Direct Message me here (just click on my name then Message) or you can send it to me through the in-app feedback (tap the Settings icon in the lower nav, then Send Feedback (I'm the only one who responds to them).

Let me know if you have any trouble.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue,

Links have been sent.

I am curious as to how this turns out. 

Thanks for keeping me in the loop on this.

-John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines