• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile Apps on a Microsoft Surface Pro 4?

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to get the mobile apps onto a Windows device?  I'd love to use my Surface tablet for drawing and it appears I can only use my Galaxy phone.  And why would I want to draw on a phone when I have a Surface Pro 4?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Hi Tara.

The mobile apps aren't yet available for the Surface Pro (or any Windows device), only the full versions of Ps and Ai are. But, this question was asked also in the Capture forum and someone responded with how he's able to run the Android version on his Surface Pro.

I know absolutely nothing about the hardware he's referring to, but I wanted to point you to it in case it might be helpful to you: Re: is this available for windows 10 tablets?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tara.

The mobile apps aren't yet available for the Surface Pro (or any Windows device), only the full versions of Ps and Ai are. But, this question was asked also in the Capture forum and someone responded with how he's able to run the Android version on his Surface Pro.

I know absolutely nothing about the hardware he's referring to, but I wanted to point you to it in case it might be helpful to you: Re: is this available for windows 10 tablets?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sue, I appreciate it!  I do hope Window apps are available in the near future 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any updates on an anticipated Windows release of Sketch and Draw?

I've been using Photoshop and Illustrator professionally for about 20 years.
Sketch and Draw are still desperately needed for Surface/Windows, as soon as possible.
The level of stylus control and support in those apps includes options unavailable in current versions of Photoshop and Illustrator.
More importantly, the built-in time lapse video capture in Sketch and Draw is amazingly useful for social sharing, and has no parallel that I've been able to find.

PLEASE, expedite the Windows release of Sketch and Draw. They are more than toys. They are powerful, compact tools that are in some important ways superior to the "full" apps upon which they are based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jason.

I can't provide a lot of information, or a timeline, but the drawing teams are definitely working toward support for the Microsoft platform.

In the meantime I'll share your comments with the drawing teams. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines