Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animate CC 2018 slow on iMac

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day.

We've recently bought three new iMac 5k 27-inch for our 2D Artists, with 8 Gb video RAM and more than 32 gb SDRAM and realized that the Adobe Animate still works very slow on them. The simplest operations as creating primitives, moving objects, zooming etc. execute with lags. When creating pixel perfect UI elements in Animate lag problem is mostly visible. Just draw and move a simple shape with switched on «Snap to Pixel» mode and zoom it more than 400% and you'll see that it is impossible to work.

Actually, we don't know what to do weither to move back to the Windows PC or wait for performance improvement.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

We are now discussing this on the Animate pre-release. The issue seems to be with using snap to pixel and also being zoomed in to 400% or more. That's when the pixel grid is shown.

I dare say that it's you that brought it up in the pre-release! I have replied there, hopefully we will get the Animate team's attention.

If it isn't you, then for now the easy work around is to not zoom in more than 399%.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't see any problem using a 3 year old macbook pro with the latest animate pro.

try resetting your preferences -

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/re-create-preferences-flash-professional.html

(or remove Win:  C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Animate CC 2017\ and

C\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Animate\2017\

Mac:   /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Animate CC 2017/ and

/Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Animate/2017/)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't help. I found the guy with the same problem: https://forums.adobe.com/message/7946356#7946356

Also I see the the same problem on my macbook retina (late 2015)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maybe there's some software installed on both your computers causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. It's 99% Adobe's problem.

Proof â„–1: It reproduces on 3 comletely new iMacs, on my personal MacBook and on my old iMac.

Proof â„–2: It has been reproducing since Adobe released the Flash CC 13.0. Something was changed in the Flash core. Here is the video comparing two versions. The Old Flash works properly with no latency and the new Animate works with glitch. What's more you can see the strange black band in the right, but that's another story.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We haven't heard of this issue previously. Please get in touch with Adobe Customer Care Contact Customer Care for further investigation.

Thanks,Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there must be some software that you use on all your macs that most users do not use.  that info will be helpful when tracing the problem's cause with adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you contact the support team? Do you need further assistance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, yet. I can't create the chat with support team because It opens only at 18-17 Pt. It's deep night in my country. I can't call because my English skills isn't good enough for live speaking. I'll try to find someone who can help me with translation and try to call later.

Today I've tried to send the bug report but the form didn't work. Then I create topic on the Adobe Prerelease forum, maybe someone will help me there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you will have read by now, I did reply there! We'll convince Adobe, no need for a support call.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are now discussing this on the Animate pre-release. The issue seems to be with using snap to pixel and also being zoomed in to 400% or more. That's when the pixel grid is shown.

I dare say that it's you that brought it up in the pre-release! I have replied there, hopefully we will get the Animate team's attention.

If it isn't you, then for now the easy work around is to not zoom in more than 399%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2018 Mar 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever figure this out? I've got Animate CC on a 5K iMac loaded out with RAM and everything. It runs fine on another screen if I plug one in, but lags horribly like yours on my 5K screen.

Thanks. This stinks...

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it has something to do with the iMac 5k being set to too high of a res setting. When I lower mine to like 2560 it seems to work much better... if you crank up the res higher then it begins to work very slow and becomes unstable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 11, 2018 Jul 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An alternative to setting your monitor to lower resolution is to Get Info on Animate, and check the Open in Low Resolution box. I do that on my MacBook Pro Retina. It's still plenty good enough detail for me to work, and it's only having to display 1/4 of the number of pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines