• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving photoshop files- can not open the selected item because the file can not be found

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me- Im at my wits end . Im a relatively new Macbook user, and I play around with photoshop as a hobby. Ive been creating some designs on photoshop, and saving them in the usual manner (File- Save as- (location is T drive), saved as a PSD file). However, when I go back to photoshop a few days later, and go to open recent items, I click on the image, and get the error 'cannot open the selected item because the file can not be found'. This is doing it for pretty much everything Ive worked on, so Im clearly doing something wrong. Im now reluctant to start working on anything else, because i pretty much know that it won't save properly. Please help me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you try to open the file directly from the 'T' drive rather than the recent items list does this still happen and is the 'T' drive internal to the computer or removable, a network drive or a memory stick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Terri,

Thanks for your assistance. I think its just down to me being new to the Mac world- i can't even work out where T drive is, lol, but its something within the computer, and not an external drive. What I have just done, is save a file and I've changed the location to 'my documents' and it appears to have saved it correctly. Ill try persevering with that for a while, and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also a good idea to save an additional copy of your work on an external disk and/or in the cloud so you have a back-up if something goes wrong (it often does!).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sparky,

Usually this happens when people save to the 'Desktop' as a temporary measure and then move the file somewhere better. Of course the recently used list doesn't know that has happened and so just looks, doesn't see the file and so reports 'file cannot be found' Persevere you'll get used to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines