• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shape tool corrupting PSD file

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everytime I use the shape tool (doesn't matter what shape - rectangle/polygon) and then save and close my PSD. It corrupts the PSD. I cannot reopen it - system throws up an error. If I want to be able to open file again I have to rasterise the layer - which sort of defeats the object of the shape tool anyway!

I have uninstalled and reinstalled CC and still no luck.

Adobe support were able to recover my original file but the troublesome shape layer had been resterised.

Anyone had the same problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed no such problems, but what have you done for trouble-shooting so far?

Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

What are the Tool’s settings and have you tried using different ones?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks c.pfaffenbichler The Adobe tech restored all the preferences etc. After 2 days of tearing my hair out trying to fix this - all of a sudden its working this morning.   I have no Idea how - just happy its working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines