• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Convert Semi-Transparent Pixels to Fully Opaque

Engaged ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suppose I have a layer in Photoshop containing completely transparent, semi-transparent, and fully opaque pixels.  Now, suppose my goal is to keep all fully opaque pixels identical, convert all semi-transparent pixels to fully opaque, and keep all completely transparent pixels identical.

One way that I've found I can do this is by duplicating the layer around 20 to 30 times and then merging them all together, but I need a way to automate this process in a Photoshop script for hundreds and hundreds of layers, so making that many copies is extremely inefficient and will waste a lot of time.

Is there a simpler, faster way to achieve this, preferably something I can use easily in a .jsx Photoshop script?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

You could record an action with the following steps

1. Layer > Layer Mask >From Transparency    (this creates a mask from the transparency and selects the mask)

2. Image adjustment threshold 1                       (this changes the mask to only leave the fully transparent pixels)

3. Apply Layer Mask                                          (this applies the mask to the layer )

Recorded it looks like this :

Then it is just select the layer and run the action - which you could build into a larger action or a batch process

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines