• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using buttons in movie clip

Explorer ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im also having trouble, i got a list of buttons in a movie clip, and they all change colour when in the "over" state, and each have a list of other buttons that become "true" and not "false" anymore when the button in the list is rolled over.

the list of buttons include functions to turn other buttons- (selected Falses to true) to all "false" so that only the rolled over buttons selections of to become "true" are then true, found this to be the easiest due to layers, to just switch the others off on the rollover of the buttons in the list.

I want to keep the rolled over buttons state , when viewing the selected "true" buttons when the button/buttons is rolled over activating the "false"object to become "true" which is a button too, and too for them to, i want to change the state of the sub button state so that the main in the list and the (next button selected) can also change to the "over state which is only a colour change of the buttons backround.

I read and tried, abc.upState = abc.overState;

and

abc.onRollOver = function(){

abc.gotoAndPlay("over");

}

im using action script 2 and later saw that abc.upState = abc.overState; is action script 3, is this :

abc.onRollOver = function(){

abc.gotoAndPlay("over");

}

also action script 3, ?

I would like the buttons to stay in over state when rolled over, im using action script 2

PLEASE HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

again, you can't use a button to do what you want.  use a movieclip button.

or use as3.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont want to duplicate a button and edit it, and bring it into "true" after being false and made true by a rollover or press or release by a button and make the button "false " so that the duplicate edited button appears making it look like the button has stayed in the "over" state. a solution would be great please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to use movieclip buttons with as2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a button that activate a movie clip, in the movie clip there are buttons a list of them, each on rollover will bring other buttons next to them up all i want to do is highlight the button that brings up the buttons next to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with as2, any button whose state you want to control with code needs to be a movieclip button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and tell me how to do that please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

right click an button in the library>click properties>and change type from button to movieclip.  you'll then need to label your keyframes and add a stop() to the first frame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so if i convert a button, to a movie clip name stays the same.

then stop on three frames, three states, up over and down, one on each frame, and then code the frame 3 to gotoAnd Play whichever movie clip it is,frame1, and code frame 1 to move to frame 2 on rollover and frame two on press to gotoAndPlay movieclip and frame number 1 again of another button/movie clip ok, and to stop on frame three, the "highlighted" image on the frame.

i thought also keep the button a button and just boolean it to false and bring a duplicate one to a true boolean and make sure the true boolean looks like it in "over" state and when another button rolls over to do the same for its duplicate and to switch over all the other duplicates and to bring the original boolean that started as true back to true.

both ways means extra graphics my file size is 22mb as a swf as it is already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new file created a button converted to a button but in the button editing mode was not allowed to add actions, so waiting to see if anyone can offer me a code to change the button on rollover to to over with out re drawing each part seperately or without duplicating it and changing it up appearance, in ac2.

i know its tough i guess being a bit un educated in coding sorry but, looking for a straight forward shift in appearance .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

again, you can't use a button to do what you want.  use a movieclip button.

or use as3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gave it some thought, the converting to a movie clip such as a mask with a roll on and roll off is good with a note that is either on or off making the mask active always and the note triggered by the roll on or off, however gave it futher thought the press function on a mask _mc is cool if only the roll off didnt activate so thought of duplicating the mask to get the roll off function off, and using another to trigger it back on. same as what i wanted with my buttons, and to go add (a list) .gotoAnd play(1) and (a list) of not to goto and play, but to make invisible is a question i need answered for other work im attempting.

from a movie clip , full of movie clips and buttons within each, to switch a property off/boolean off of an item not within the movie clip but still within the whole movie clip they all in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am not able to switch off a movie clip/button/graphic yet if the button that switches it on and off is not within the movie clip holding the button and the graphic/button/movie clip.

so to do that i would like to know how please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mc1.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_DOWN,down1F);

function down1F(e:MouseEvent):void{

mc1.gotoAndStop('down');

mc2.gotoAndStop('down');

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if its not a movieclip, and with action script 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for the 3rd or 4th time, you cannot control an as2 button with code.  with movieclip buttons

mc1.onMouseDown = down1F;

function down1F(e:MouseEvent):Void{

mc1.gotoAndStop('down');

mc2.gotoAndStop('down');

}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks very helpful, ill do so.

and to see a graphic that false in another movie clip ? i tried abc.onRelease = function(){ efg._visible = true;

problem is the button is in one movie clip and the graphic in another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just use the correct path from the time line to the object you want to control.  you can always determine that path by using:

trace(this) on the timeline that contains your onRelease code and on the timeline of the object you want to control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines