• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Healing brush tool: How to get rid of black outline?

Explorer ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm making a digital design which starts with an AI vector that is then painted in Corel Essentials 5, saved, and finally, re-opened in Photoshop to clean up.  I'm trying to fill in white areas along the vector outline with the healing brush tool, but it keeps leaving a black outline.  It's almost as if the healing brush is picking up the original black vector line, but I'm not working on the original vector line layer - the original vector layer is turned off as well as above the layer I'm trying to correct (I tried deleting it too, but it didn't help).  I usually set the Healing Brush Mode to Replace and Sample to Current Layer, but after encountering this problem, I've tried every configuration to no avail.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Are you healing to a new empty top ayer? If not you should try using that method so your healing will not destroy you original layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you healing to a new empty top ayer? If not you should try using that method so your healing will not destroy you original layers.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  I was able to accomplish the task as you suggested.  Just wondering though - why was I getting the black outline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea of what your document structure looks like or how you were healing.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, many thanks anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines