• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving - sRGB ICC Checked by Default?

Engaged ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could have sworn on my previous machine or in previous Photoshop versions I had saving PSDs and images defaulted to embed color profile: sRGB. Now I have to manually check that box every single time I save a file and it's annoying. How do I make that checked by default? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not believe there is a convert to srgb option saving PSD files like save for web has was saving web image files. So it will depend on how your Photoshop Color settings are set to open files.  Most likely your color setting will open images in the color space the are in not to convert them into your default sRGB color space.  These images will aslo be saved in the color space they were opened in.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Untitled-2PShop.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it is possible to covert during save as PSD however it is not the default mode of operation.  You must check that option.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create documents from scratch, what do you have selected as a color profile and what are your Color Settings? That top setting won't assign sRGB and Save As or Save will respect that by keeping the sRGB box unchecked. "Preserve Embedded Profiles" respects the document's profile even is there is none or you will have unexplained color shifts. It waits for you to assign the pprofile.

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 11.38.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-24 at 11.41.59 AM.png

I use these settings. They respect the source document profile. If there is none the profile box won't be checked. If you assign sRGB it will be checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this might be the clue. I'm on new machine with new Photoshop install. Just saw when I create a new doc the "Don't color manage" was selected. If I change to sRGB then that box is checked when I go to save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SDAgency  wrote

I think this might be the clue. I'm on new machine with new Photoshop install. Just saw when I create a new doc the "Don't color manage" was selected. If I change to sRGB then that box is checked when I go to save.

Great!   I suspected the New File dialog was set to not tag the file as sRGB, although I never saw that before.

Photoshop will never tag an untagged file without your consent.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There's one thing about the New Document defaults that isn't obvious to many. The settings can change depending on which template is selected, and some templates do not use sRGB as the default color profile. The fact that you recently selected sRGB should stick for now, but if some time in the future you or someone else on that computer clicks on a different document template and applies it to a new document, sRGB might not be the default color profile any more. So keep your eye on it.

In the template categories, the Photo, Print, and Art & Illustration templates should use sRGB as the default color profile. But the templates in the Web, Mobile, and Film & Video are set to Don’t Color Manage so if you apply one of those you've changed the default color profile.

Of course, you can create and save your own document template with sRGB as the color profile, and make sure to always select that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines