• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could not synchronize color settings because the color settings file could not be found?

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, out of nowhere I started receiving the message "Could not synchronize color settings because the color settings file could not be found" whenever I tried to open Photoshop, and I have NO idea what it means. PS works fine after that, but I started a new piece, saved it, and when I went to open the .psd file later, it won't open in photoshop at all! Please help, I have no idea what to do and couldn't really find any solutions online.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue and re-installing didn't help - did you manage to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect you have some unrelated things mixed up here. Synchronizing color settings is not required, it's just about applying the same preset across all applications, which there's no particular need to do. It doesn't even apply if you only have Photoshop installed. It has nothing to do with basic operation and it has nothing to do with file opening.

when I went to open the .psd file later, it won't open in photoshop at all!

Does that mean it opens somewhere else? Does Photoshop open but not the file? You really need to be specific. Describe exactly what you do, and what the response is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines