• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: How do I delete the photos in the Lightroom cloud

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had LR CC for about a day and started to upload the photos. I went back to LR Classic. Is there a website location that I can go to so I can delete about 150 gig of pictures?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

You delete all your photos in the cloud on LrWeb. You can log into lightroom.adobe.com, press your avatar on the top right corner and click on Account Info. There, under actions click on Delete Lightroom Library.

*edited by moderator to reflect current app behavior

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You delete all your photos in the cloud on LrWeb. You can log into lightroom.adobe.com, press your avatar on the top right corner and click on Account Info. There, under actions click on Delete Lightroom Library.

*edited by moderator to reflect current app behavior

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much. It worked perfectly the first time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help LR cc had uploaded 1200 photos that I really didn't want to have there so your info was spot on and got rid of them all so I can now start again with what I want to save there.

Second question why is it so slow to upload/sync? My usual upload speed for high res photo's to Dropbox or Facebook is around 35mps (or whatever it is!!) it was telling me it would take 4 days to sync the 1200 photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These steps might be able to help with slow/stuck sync.

You can find a workaround here - Known issues and workaround under Syncing issues.

Here are the steps!

1. In the My Photos area in the left pane, select the All Photos album.
  2. Switch to the Square Grid view (), which displays photos as equal-sized thumbnails along with their flag status, sync status, and rating.
  3. While holding down the Alt key (Win) or Option key (Mac), click the cloud icon (). Lightroom CC now displays only those photos that it's trying to sync.
  4. Press Ctrl+A (Win) or Command+A (Mac) to select all the photos displaying in the grid and then do any of the following:
    1. Delete the selected photos by choosing the Edit > Delete option and then add the photos in Lightroom CC again.
    2. Apply a flag or a star rating to selected photos.

The syncing issue should now be resolved. To check the sync status, click the cloud icon () at the upper-right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only want to delete the content that is in the cloud consuming space that counts towards my storage limit. Will this delete anything on my computer harddrive or will it only delete content that has been uploaded to the cloud? Also, when I sync an album from Lightroom Classic on my computer to the cloud, it only uploads smart previews that don't count against my storage limit. Is this going to delete all of that content too? If so, will I have any issues re-syncing those images again from Lightroom Classic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines