• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Layers desaturating

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I'm trying to do something in Photoshop CC that I was easily able to do in Photoshop 6, and it just ain't working!! I've got two images open, one of a room, the other of a piece of artwork, and I'm dragging the artwork across to the room and super imposing it on the 'wall'. So far, so good. But for some reason, when I do this in Photoshop CC, the artwork image desaturates, it looks to me like its reverting to the original RAW image, unedited, instead of remaining the edited jpeg that I'm using.

Other than tweaking the photo of the artwork once its layered on the other image (which seems extra work for nothing), what can I do, and why is this happening, when it worked perfectly well in Photoshop 6?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some screen shots? Are you dragging it under a layer that saturates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do both document have the same profiles or are they in different color spaces have different color bit depth.  Are they both RGB images.  How are you Photoshop Color setting set.  How will these two image merge?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely one of them is untagged (doesn't have an embedded profile).

Pasting an image into another, it will be converted into that image's color space automatically. So even if the profiles are different, it won't change appearance.

Never work with untagged material. There should always be an embedded color profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, those comments are helpful, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines