• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canvas doesn't appear unless in motion. Doesn't stay unless program window is dragged to 2nd monitor

New Here ,
Nov 24, 2017 Nov 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, as the title states, I seem to have a graphics issue where my canvases are acting buggy. I can see all my layers but the canvas itself is blank.

I've done a lot of research on this problem but I've yet to find a solution. Most other cases are pretty old like in 2011 or earlier.

I am positive that this is a graphics issue and not a work space issue or any other issue. I HAVE found a temporary fix where I drag the entire program to my 2nd monitor and then drag it back to my cintiq, then all the canvases start working normally. So there's something up with my cintiq monitor perhaps but I'm unsure what it is. Even with this temporary fix I'd like to get to the bottom of this. Disabling Open GL is also not an option since I do like the option of rotating my canvas when drawing. I've never had this problem before and I've been using Photoshop for years. Idk if it was an Nvidia update or what. Speaking of which, I tried updating my driver and still no juice.

Here's the specs to my computer if necessary.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You provide very little info.  What version of Photoshop  you are using an old windows OS some Wacom device driver for your cintiq  some nvidia device driver.  You did some research but not state what you found out show little real configuration information.  You know more then we do about your setup.  Your Photoshop system Info is not available we are in the dark for sure?

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack wrote

You provide very little info.  What version of Photoshop  you are using an old windows OS some Wacom device driver for your cintiq  some nvidia device driver.  You did some research but not state what you found out show little real configuration information.  You know more then we do about your setup.  Your Photoshop system Info is not available we are in the dark for sure?

I'm using CS5 version of photoshop.
Latest drivers for Wacom Cintiq monitor

Info on nvidia drivers. I recently updated the driver to see if it'll fix the issue and it didn't work. Uninstalling doesn't work either.

Turning Open GL off is a soft solution but, as I said that's not an option for me since I like using the rotation tool and i've usually haven't had a problem with using the tool before.

If there's anything else everyone needs to know, I can provide the info but I'm not sure what else is needed to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Still looking for some help here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should also try the Wacom site  I would think most continig users will use Photoshop some will be using old os and photoshop software. So try Wacom forums as well.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines