Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Problems

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There

I have purchased all the apps and installed the Creative Cloud Desktop App. I work in remote places and sometimes have no internet or cell signal. This has caused a huge problem with using this new Adobe way of doing things. I thought that I would still be able to use the programs offline...as that is what was told to me...however that seems to not be the case every 30 days. 

Let me get straight to it:

1) I couldn't use any of the apps because they kept on saying I was on trial version when I was not. I contacted Adobe Support, where after much frustration and time, they informed me that every 30 days, I have to go online and update the applicaitons in order to use them. WHY? WHY do I HAVE TO update every 30 days and be forced not to be able to use ANY of the applications untill I have done so?? I don't understand. This has caused a lot of distress as I was unable to get work done and had to install older programs to actually do what I needed to do.

Please can someone explain to me why Adobe has decided to make such a stupid decision? Is their any way to solve this problem?

2) I always have to sign into the Desktop App as it always logs me out whenever it feels like it. It's very frustrating because I always have to log in (and with internet issues...again..this becomes a problem.) Is there no way of staying logged in all the time??

I have also ticked the box saying 'don't ask me again' in regards to the two step verification however EVERYTIME I have to log in, it asks for a code. This is also a problem when I don't have signal in an area.

Any explainations and solutions welcome and appreciated. Adobe Support was less than helpful.

Kind Regards

Lorna

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you have a monthly plan you have to connect via the internet every 30 days to validate your license.

if you change your subscription to an annual plan you would need to connect every 99 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kglad

Okay thank you for clarifying that. Do you know why Adobe has made it that you have to validate your license so often? I don't understand. It's just a nuisance. What is the purpose?

In terms of my second query, do you know how to solve that? Why am I always having to log and getting kicked out. Why can Creative Cloud not stay open and logged in on my computer?

Thank you for your response.

Regards

Lorna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, for the monthly plan, license verification must be done, at least, once monthly for obvious reasons.  but for the annual, i don't know why you have to check more than once per year.  and an even bigger mystery (to me) is that the cc app will check once per day if given a chance (ie, it's running).

2)  untick 'launch at login' to stop your desktop app from running automatically.  that will stop it from logging you out.  try to set a reminder to run it when you have a good connection.  if you can achieve that once every few weeks/months, you should be ok.

but i don't know why you're being signed-out of your cc desktop app.  i've seen this problem before (Adobe Creative Cloud signs you out or asks you to sign in repeatedly) but not anyone being signed-out at random times.  because the app checks once daily, it could be having trouble verifying you but i don't know why that would occur.  i do not think a poor connection would cause that problem.  otoh, if you sign in via facebook or google, that could be the problem.

also, i didn't even know that the cc desktop app had a 2 step verification.  i've never seen that despite using the app since it was first introduced years ago.  are you using your adobe id to sign in or a 2 step facebook or google sign in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kglad

Thank you for your time and advice.

To untick launch at login, are you speaking about on my computer or a setting within the app?

Yeah, signed out at random times. When Adobe Support shared my screen with me, it even happened with them so they saw it do it. Maybe it is having trouble verifying me...I don't know why. Thank you for that link, I will check it out.

Nah, I'm not using Facebook or Google but my Adobe ID details to sign in.  Yup 2-step. I have a screenshot of it:

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 10.36.26 AM.png

I think I may just have to uninstall and reinstall it...maybe that will solve the problem? I am not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you want, you can change that 2-step verification here, https://accounts.adobe.com

the "Launch at login" is a cc app controlled setting in your preferences>general tab

Screenshot - 11_26_2017 , 6_23_04 AM.png

if you are going to reinstall the app you will need to uninstall everytything cc first and you may as well do a total reinstall:

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 3 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html)

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kglad

Thank you, I had deactivated the 2-step verification and changed the launch at login.

Wow, you have been so nice and helpful. I am going to see how this goes and if I still have problems then I will try the reinstalling following the steps you've laid out.

THANK YOU so much!!

Warm regards

Lorna

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Sorry I meant: I have deactivated...not had. Thanks =D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines