Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fun Question #1 about Muse's slideshow widget

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all kind helpers,

FYI I have the newest version of Muse which I believe has this widget be responsive...

Is there a way that when the person resizes their web page (or sees the page on smaller devices (i.e. 1400 vs 1200 vs 1000) that the image in the slideshow will shrink and still show the entire image for each BP?

I thought I understood that as I slide the slider to the left from 1400 the widget does stay within the page borders but the image gets more and more cut off each time.

Thanks for any advanced tips regarding slideshow.

Barry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really funny!

Set the images, when importing to „Fit content proportionally“ and you are done.

If you want images, which are already placed in a slideshow, behave in this way, right click onto each of them and choose „Fitting –> Fit Frame Proportionally“.

Since images have a „correct“ aspect ratio, you have exactly 2 ways to place them in a frame:

Fill the frame (in this case there will be cropping, when the frame width is reduced. or

Fit into the frame. In this case you will see, that the image doesn’t fill the frame in all dimensions completely.

A third possibility isn’t logically possible.

Best practice: Place images with the exact same aspect ratio and create the hero frame of your slide show in exact this ration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G,

So.... I cannot use Fit Content Proportionally because then obviously the slideshow "box" that is 1400W x 300H will not be filled with the graphic and will look silly. That is why I am using "Fill frame Proportionally."

So is what you are saying, that as the frame width becomes smaller (i.e. 1400 to 1000) there is not a way that the image will still be able to be seen as a whole?

If that is so, I will have to accept that but my next question is related...

I need text over these images... does this have to be done in photoshop or some are saying it can be done in Muse but I do not see a way to have text added to different places of image for different slides of slideshow.

Thanks

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a composition widget and configure it the same way as a slide show.

And please: Create one thread per issue. How should one find answers, if one filles one thread with various problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I am trying the comp widget now as you said. I am noticing no option to stretch to browser. Am I missing something?

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

G,

I am making some progress trying comp widget.

Adding text is real easy as you said.

Can you answer

1) Will the comp widget ever stretch across browser or is this the wrong one for this?

2) can the thumbnails lay on top of the graphic on the slide from slide show? I cannot seem to move them i layers panel to be on top like I can in the slideshow widget.

Thanks

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You only can achieve this, if you stretch the whole page (not single elements) browser wide by using the small double arrow icons to the left/right of the breakpoint bar.

2. The triggers of a composition can‘t be part of the light box.

If you urgently need this all, and there is no way to re-think your layout, you will have to use a slideshow widget and place you text as part of you image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helps and actually you are right, i now realize the text needs to be part of the graphic as I am not going to retype each one every time I make a new slide (which happens once per week).

Issue still remains, if I make the graphic (1400 x300) and the text part of it, as the browser resizes, doesn't the graphic get cut and therefore some text not seen?

Trying to achieve this..

http://www.michaelbuble.com/?frontpage=true#

As you resize browser the slideshow gets smaller; graphic is just about all viewable.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at this .muse file: ** deleted **

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it says file not there anymore or deleted.

is it me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it G

So here is the conclusion, on yours the image did shrink as I moved slider.. the text got all messed up at smaller sizes, plus I would need to redo the text each time would be an issue.

I realize by working with you (and you always help me learn) that using the slideshow widget and the text on the photshoped graphic is best.

thanks much!

cheers,

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using text on an image  in photoshop would be last resort. If keywords and readable text is important and it often is with banners or banner images then readable text that does not shrink or enlarge is generally better.

what G showed you is correct way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

keywords in this case are 100% not important for seo or anything like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing at all „messed up“ in smaller sizes. Therefore you use breakpoint, which I didn‘t implement in my example. Should be some work for you to do!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the way your sample file totally stretches the browser as you said.

However, if these "slides" (maybe I have 30 slides but only showing 6 at a time) are things that appear on the site and then are taken down only to come back weeks or months later, I would have to create the text from scratch each time!

FOr my case I imagine doing all the text on PS would be the smartest way.

agree?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry, but I can’t understand this objection at all.

But if the alternate solution fit better for you – why not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines