• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content aware samples middle of image and not edge

Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I am a digital printer and recently I was provided with an image that bleed but didn't include a bleed. Instead of sending the file back and forth and trying the explain to the "Designer" what bleed is I was looking to just expand the canvas and fill the empty area with a content aware fill. I have done this many times in the past and usually get a good result. This time however when I apply the content aware fill it fills the area with information from the middle of the document and not the sides. Does any one know why this might be? Attached are screen shots of the before and after attempt. FYI the black box was added later to cover up the customers contact info. I am using the latest update Photoshop CC on a Mac.Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 1.35.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-11-20 at 1.34.40 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a layered document?

If so, did you try merging all the layers to a new layer and then try Content Aware Fill?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a single layer document. The wood and portrait are on the same flat layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I've just tried it with your image and - although some touch up is needed the initial result is not bad

Immediately before CAF:

Immediately after CAF:

If you are getting a consistently bad result I would do a preference reset and try again.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check which layer you are running the Content Aware. I presume its running on the photo layer, hence the output you see. Merge the layers and try doing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also try "Content Aware Scare" on the Wooden board layer if that's on a separate layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*"Content Aware Scale"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines