• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

swf file timing is different to fla file timing

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a perfectly timed fla file and when i play it by itself it works fine but when i watch is as a swf the timing is all messed up, for example, one scene has perfectly timed audio so the audio ends just as the scene ends but when i play it as a swf, the scene is way too short for the audio and the audio runs onto the next scene. I just started animate so could somebody please help? thanks. Also, at around the 7th scene in the swf file, the audio from scene 8 suddenly runs and then all the audio is half a scene early. Are these problems because the file size it too big? My fla file size is 57.8 MB.

I need to hand this in by tomorrow as a assignment so please could somebody help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Creative Cloud sharing was a good idea!

You need to set all sounds in the timeline to be 'Stream' Sync. And easy way to do that is to click a layer, then in Properties choose the Sync/Stream option.

In many places you have a blank keyframe. That will stop the current sound playing. For example, on frame 1024 of scene 2 you have one. Right-click on that and you can remove keyframe.

In the Control menu you can do a Test Scene. That will make it quicker to test a scene at a time.

Where I am is nearly 6

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you are referring to Scenes, that should mean it's an AS3 FLA, which is a good thing. Check all of the sounds in your timeline, to make sure their sync in Properties is set to Stream. Or at least check the main sound for each section, individual sound effects could probably stay as Event.

If it would help, post your FLA online somewhere for me to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should i post the fla here on forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would need to be dropbox, google drive, something like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud sharing was a good idea!

You need to set all sounds in the timeline to be 'Stream' Sync. And easy way to do that is to click a layer, then in Properties choose the Sync/Stream option.

In many places you have a blank keyframe. That will stop the current sound playing. For example, on frame 1024 of scene 2 you have one. Right-click on that and you can remove keyframe.

In the Control menu you can do a Test Scene. That will make it quicker to test a scene at a time.

Where I am is nearly 6pm. Please let me know what progress you make, and I can answer questions for the next 5 hours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much! It now works, thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing that by "perfectly timed fla" you mean when you play the timeline in the editor. Never, ever assume that the in-editor playback will be realtime. The SWF (for AS3 documents) is the only thing that counts.

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Colin+Holgate  wrote

As you are referring to Scenes, that should mean it's an AS3 FLA, which is a good thing.

On the downside, it means he's using scenes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You anti-scenes people are so funny!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines