• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quick mask / content aware fill

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason PS CC has stopped allowing me to Content Aware Fill a selection made in the Quick Mask using a brush.  It works if I select using the Lasso tool but not using QM.  I click on Quick Mask, use the Brush to paint the area I want to Fill, deselect the Mask, Invert the selection and selected Edit/Fill/Content Aware.  I get marching ants and then nothing.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled PS, all to no avail.  I have tried it on CS6 and it does work OK.  Help!. I am thinking 'finger trouble' on my part but what is the question?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences:

Preferences in Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did resetting prefs ^^ take care of the issue?

PS Prefs File Handling.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try to check the QM settings. Maybe you have another default set and when you invert the selection you get the wrong selected area.

BTW, to check the trouble, try to save selection, deselect all and load the selection by Alpha channel. Will it allow you to do what you need?

screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines