Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Intelligent facial recognition in Lightroom CC

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

with Lightroom Classic CC I was able to organize my photos with we intelligent facial recognition. Unfortunately, I can't find this function in Lightroom CC. Does anybody know, if there is a function for facial recognition in Lightroom CC?

Thanks,

Fabian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

The kind of facial recognition you're referring to isn't in version 1.0 of LR CC, now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can search All Photos for “Faces” using the built in Adobe Sensei – machine learning and AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you can't search for a specific face or have the system learn a face and auto tag future photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you can't. Maybe one day it will be able to do so, but it doesn't even tag images of public figures.

You'd have to add keywords, or use LrClassic (and save metadata back to the files before syncing them to the cloud).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The kind of facial recognition you're referring to isn't in version 1.0 of LR CC, now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if you import your Lightroom Classic catalogue (assuming the functionality is added to Lightroom CC) would the tags appear when functionality added, or would they be lost?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of yesterday’s 2.0 update, People View has come to Lightroom CC:

Find and organize photos of people in the People View

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But it is not working. And there is no way to find how make it work manually. The HELP PAGE says, it may take SOME TIME to have every faces to be indexed...What is SOME TIME????? I have may LIGHTROOM CC opened and running over 2 days linked directly to the CREATIVE CLOUD SERVICES....and nothing. No clue in what to do. Also, it says the SEARSH IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PEOPLE...Any help is welcome. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe support yesterday and today and got the same story: there is a major bug in the face detection server and Adobe engineers are "working day and night" to fix it. No estimate on when. Apparently they released ver 2.0 too soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don’t need to keep the application open as the work is being done Server-Side, albeit slowly.

It’s worth keeping an eye on and maybe contributing this thread:

Lightroom CC: I do not see my People view populated | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted Adobe support yesterday and today and got the same story: there is a major bug in the face detection server and Adobe engineers are "working day and night" to fix it. No estimate on when. Apparently they released ver 2.0 too soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That information is incorrect. There is not a bug in the servers. Indexing of accounts proceeds but it is not yet complete. If you haven't been indexed yet, could you post back here, @Daniel Atkins with your total image count in Lightroom CC as well as the amount of storage you are using? (Click the cloud icon to get that information) . Thank you for your patience.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still don't have it.

21007 images and 528.96 Go used

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines