• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White spots showing up after making background transparent

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been working on my team's logo for a f1 schools competition. I've managed to erase the whole background, yet there are still some white spots which I can't get rid of with the eraser. I'm fairly new to photoshop so I'm not sure how to remove these spots. Here's the current png:

F1MainRedone.png

When viewed from the Windows Photos app, the white spots are clearly visible:

Screenshot (2).png

Any help would be appreciated! Thank's

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Ok, so for a new user this may be the easiest route because it is visual—you can see what is going on—and you start to learn layers in the process:

• Click the Add New Layer button at the bottom of the Layers panel (makes a Layer 2 above Layer 1)
  • Edit > Fill > Contents: Black
  • Drag Layer 2 under Layer 1
  • Click back on Layer 1 to make it active
  • Erase the stray white pixels that are now visible against the black background
  • Drag Layer 2 to the Trash at the bottom of the Layers panel

~Barb

P.S. Once the backgro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many layers are in your file? The white pixels are most likely on a different layer than the one you are working on. A full screen shot of the file in Photoshop with the Layers panel visible will help us be more precise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's only 1 layer. I'm working from a scan

Screenshot (3).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so for a new user this may be the easiest route because it is visual—you can see what is going on—and you start to learn layers in the process:

• Click the Add New Layer button at the bottom of the Layers panel (makes a Layer 2 above Layer 1)
  • Edit > Fill > Contents: Black
  • Drag Layer 2 under Layer 1
  • Click back on Layer 1 to make it active
  • Erase the stray white pixels that are now visible against the black background
  • Drag Layer 2 to the Trash at the bottom of the Layers panel

~Barb

P.S. Once the background is cleaned up, you can also work on refining the edges of the text before removing Layer 2. There are places where the blue spills over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What happens when you either use the Eraser over the spots or use the Lasso Tool to select and then delete the spots?  Often, scanners contain dust, which can appear as spots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines