• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connect Bridge CC to a hard disk download of CS6

Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently purchased CS6 from ebay. The disc download does not include Bridge. Since I first learned CS with 3 and then an update to 5, I have always used bridge and find it to be extremely useful. Not having the use of bridge can be crippling from a workflow perspective. I discovered I can download bridge from Adobe CC, but I can't get bridge CC to recognize the CS6 that is currently usable on my computer. Is there a way that they can talk to each other and become useful together the way I was always able to use bridge and CS 3 and 5 together in my earlier installations?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

I'd start by opening Bridge and setting the File Type Associations to your version of Photoshop in Preferences. If that doesn't work, let us know.

Screenshot 2017-11-25 18.25.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd start by opening Bridge and setting the File Type Associations to your version of Photoshop in Preferences. If that doesn't work, let us know.

Screenshot 2017-11-25 18.25.58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the File Type Associations under preferences, however, it says "none" next to every single file type listed. It brings up a "browse" button if I hover over any of them, and that took me to my computer settings and I was able to insert "Adobe Photoshop CS6" next to "Photoshop Document". I think this may have solved the problem. I can see I have a lot to learn about certain processes (please excuse if I sound ignorant, I am not very computer savvy). Camera Raw does not come up the way I thought it would, but it does come up. I just have to hit the correct buttons.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No apologies necessary—we were all beginners once. It sounds like setting the file association answers your question. If you come up with others that don't pertain to this specific topic, feel free to ask them by starting a new thread.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help. You know, I've been doing photoshop for a long time,

but I have always struggled with how to relate to my computer. I'm old

school in my thinking in many ways. Beyond basic editing of photographs, I

have not gone much farther with my CS software. I will be sure to ask for

help when I need it. Thanks again.

John

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 8:45 AM, BarbBinder <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And we'll be here for you, when you need us.

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines