• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New Lightroom CC full screen mode on windows 10?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm probably missing something obvious, but I can't find a way to make the new Lightroom CC full screen on windows 10, i.e, no menu bar at top. Anyone help?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Update to Lr CC 1.1

I have posted a summary of the main features, including Full Screen, here:

Lightroom December Updates

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JasperTheDog,

As you're not able to access the full screen mode, This feature is not available as of now : In the spirit of the Lightroom tradition, if you find that aspects of Lr don’t meet your needs, just let us know & we’ll build it together.

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2017 Oct 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being able to use the full screen real estate is essential for photo review. I'm very surprised this wasn't included in a ground-up rewrite of Lightroom and it will prevent me from use until it's integrated into the new Lightroom CC. On my Surfacebook, for instance, I'm losing 10-20% of my screen to margins and toolbars even at its most optimized.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kchantraine  wrote

....I'm very surprised this wasn't included in a ground-up rewrite of Lightroom and it will prevent me from use until it's integrated into the new Lightroom CC....

You can right click an image and open in Photoshop for full screen view.  If Photoshop is already open, it is pretty fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also very surprised that a company that has made photo software for ages, and with a product manager that is photographer, does not have this ready in first version. This really worries me, and make the product totally useless for me for now. Also, I am very surprised that I not can decide on the file naming structure during import. Another deal breaker. And not to be able to show keyword already in the file is just embarrassing. I know you can search AI, but that is only for English language. What really disappoints me is that your customer base already has shared this feedback for years to Adobe, and now it seems we have to start over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sheesh, this is pretty fundamental. Lightroom's designers should understand why this is important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>Sheesh, this is pretty fundamental.

Just like printing, nested keywords, a flexible export function, batch editing, syncing edits across more than one image, highlight/shadow warnings, publish services, camera profiles, curve editing, etc, etc, etc. All missing essential features. They clearly took the approach to start at zero, rethink the paradigm, add some bare essentials that are minimal and ship as soon as you can and then figure out later what to build onto that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe digital photography has driven those in the industry to requiring instant gratification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downloaded Lightroom CC and was trying to figure out how to go full screen mode. Would like to request this to be implemented. This is a deal breaker for me Back to Classic for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed that

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

link

No form there...

I have a request, please put a feature request form at the feature request form link. Thank you!

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have to have full screen! Necessary. Must have. Can't use the product unless we do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has an desktop app that will do exactly what you want. It's been developing for over a decade. It's called Lr CC Classic. Give it a try until the time LC CC gets to be a few years old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. I can make individual photos fullscreen as before. My issue is that the program opens as Maximized, and I can neither reduce it nor totally minimize it, so as to get to other open windows or whatever on my desktop.

I'm new to Adobe, but have been using PC's since the dawn of time. This is crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reminds me of the Soundbooth aera before Audition came back. Please make Lightroom CC a proper Lightroom (including fullscreen). Just did the feature request procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andi_urra  wrote

This reminds me of the Soundbooth aera before Audition came back. Please make Lightroom CC a proper Lightroom (including fullscreen). Just did the feature request procedure.

Don't forget that there is a proper Lightroom that does all this. It's called Lightroom Classic. Lightroom CC is in ints infancy. It will get better over time but it is going to take some time. In the mean time. Lightroom Classic does all this and more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need this back urgently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please update the full screen option as soon as possible. i also see this as an essential part of lightroom!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2017 Nov 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

need this feature for Lightroom CC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to Lr CC 1.1

I have posted a summary of the main features, including Full Screen, here:

Lightroom December Updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines