• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't delete photos in Lightroom

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whilst trying to delete images in Lightroom I keep getting the message 'the files are on a volume that does not support trash'.  This has never happened to me before.  I have updated Lightroom CC to the latest version and this did not help either.  I have also emptied the trash bin. Going bonkers and would really appreciate a solution! Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using the new cloud-based Lightroom CC, or are you using what I would refer to as the "traditional" Lightroom CC that has been around for a number of years? This forum is for discussing the new cloud-based Lightroom CC that has only been available for just a few weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using it on my Mac and just downloaded the new version today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHICH new version? Lightroom CC is cloud based. Lightroom Classic CC is the Lightroom that we have been accustomed to using for the last several years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, hope it is ok to jump in as I have the same issue. I am currently using the new Lightroom Classic CC (7.0.1) but the problem started over a month ago prior to the update. I imported a batch of new photos and and working from an 'All Photographs'. The occasional one I am unable to delete. I go to 'Remove photo', I am then asked if I want to '

Delete the selected master photo from disk, or just remove it from Lightroom?

I then select 'Delete from disk' and get the message

The file named “BHW_6028.NEF” could not be moved to the Trash folder.

No idea why as it looks to be pretty random

Any ideas?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows or Mac? If you go to the Library module and right-click on the image, can you choose the option to go to folder in the library?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply. It's a Mac. I tried that and it worked so until I get to the bottom of the issue that is good to know. Hope it isn't a hard drive issue because all the photos are on the hard drive although I back them up.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure I understand your answer because your images are supposed to be on the hard drive. Where else would you have expected them to be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I have just recently had this issue. I've got a new MacbookPro and this is happening with the library on another hard drive, not the ones stored on my computer. I have deleted the files from the folder in the library, although it asked me to enter my password to do so, but they still show up in the LR catalog.

What can it be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines