• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Submenu direction

Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, how to change direction of sub-menus (for child pages) from right to left? As I'm using Arabic language (from right to left)

Please see the picture.

Untitled.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of the automatic set up menu, referring to your site plan, use the manual approach of the menu.

You get options to choose from, when clicking the tiny blue circle with a white arrow inside.

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for quick response, but still same problem, the new sub-menu appeared empty to the right asking me to name it.

I wanna it to be appeared at the left. Please see the picture:

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this screencast:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's perfect except the arrow still on the right and can't be moved to the left. I'm trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There´s a left sign as well

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-26 um 21.43.12.png

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good going, I just wonder how you changed the directions of arrows, one to bottom and other to right? Could you make it to the left along with sub-menu?

Untitled.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use a custom made arrow (PNG, SVG), and use the “Fill“ command to integrate it into the menu item box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a bit awkward but it's almost done. Thanking you all. You have a great help to me.

Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think, it is not awkward at all. In a certain way, it is the price for high flexibility. The currency in which you have to pay this price is learning and collecting skills.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you soooo much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Raqee  wrote

It's perfect except the arrow still on the right and can't be moved to the left. I'm trying.

if this is what you want then yes its possible but the new Muse has been made for indesign users and will fight you every step of the way

Screenshot (234).png

working example = Home

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah that's what I'm looking for. I wonder how you made it. Is it in InDesign then you copied it to Muse?

I'm using Adobe Muse CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i exported the menu to my hdd in order to get the right arrow (Muse converts it to a png) then I opened that arrow in Photoshop and used the transform tool to turn it around into a left arrow... saved that as GIF

everything else is just default Muse

pro-tip;

when working on a custom menu avoid using the [enter] key or the css style will stap back to default and wipe out your changes.

for example; when typing in the 'welcome' text to the button on left... pressing [enter] will move the button back to the right... this auto-default is an indesin thing an happens because in their world of print a page is X by Y with Z padding and GOD himself is not allowed to change it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Valuable information.. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this solution so far with a composition for each top level menu item and this composition includes as many compositions for each submenu-item. Watch this file, which you can see the screenshot below:

Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-26 um 19.38.12.png

File to find here:

Adobe Creative Cloud

Best Regards,

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funny and very helpful – another lesson – THX

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines