• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

will image made in PS 2018 open in PS 2017?

Participant ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new MBP laptop running Sierra and would like to install the latest PS 2018. However, I have to be able to open files in my older laptop (still on OSX 10.10.5) which runs PS 2017 and can't be upgraded to 2018.

My question: should I stick with PS 2017 on my new MBP for best compatibility with my older laptop? Or can I work on PS 2018 and then later open those images in PS 2017? If it is okay, are there any downsides? Will some things not work or come across?

Many thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can open PSD in those versions. I can't think of any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, Derek. What I wanted to know more specifically is not if the file will open but if the PS 2018 file, when opened in PS 2017, are there any features from 2018 (that are not available in 2017) that would not show -- and could not be edited -- in PS 2017.

Could you elaborate on that, please?

thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines