Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animating Limbs

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2017 Nov 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Everyone,

I'm looking for opinions and feedback on animating limbs, specifically arms. Character Animator does great on animating faces, lipsyncs, and walk cycles, but I find it challenging to animate the limbs exactly how I want them. I'm finding it easier to use After Effects for the limbs to ensure it hits the mark exactly when I need it.

How does everyone else animate limbs?

Does anyone have any best practices for the limbs in CH?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ch does not yet have a way to limit dragger movement such that arms aren't over-stretched and elbows don't bend backwards. One way to work around this is to draw a variety of arm movements and then trigger them (with all the options in a swap set so they are mutually exclusive). You can combine this method with Draggable handles to avoid having to draw too many.

For example, you could hand-draw an arm-out-and-pointing pose and mark the hand with a Draggable handle. Then, after you've triggered the pose (which can be a single frame, or an animation that ends on that frame), while holding on the arm-out image you can drag the hand around with the mouse to make the finger point in various directions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines