• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clone Stamp

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My clone stamp tool is no longer working and it's quite vital to my work at the moment so I need this resolved ASAP. It seems to be sourcing the reference point but then it won't replicate it. I've tried resetting photoshop, resetting the tools, updating photoshop and resetting my mac but it's still not working so I don't know what else to try.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

From a view of the Layers panel, the Clone tool would not work in an area protected by the mask, only the area in the image shown on the mask in white..

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind posting a picture of your entire photoshop window?

Seems silly but it slips me up occasionally; check you're on the correct layer and the layer has some value to clone from, often i'll make a new layer that i want the clone to be placed but you have to have the layer you're copying from your active layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-11-27 at 7.58.42 pm.png

I've attached my screen, I'm positive that I'm on the right layer but I've just realised something most bizarre. The clone stamp is working on some parts of the image but not others even though I'm working on the same layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From a view of the Layers panel, the Clone tool would not work in an area protected by the mask, only the area in the image shown on the mask in white..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the Opacity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines