• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Collections in Folders in Lightroom cc not syncing

Explorer ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can create folders in Lightroom cc now, these then show up in Lightroom classic and visa versa  but I can’t get the collections i put in to them to appear/sync..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RBurton,

I have tested this issue on my end and its working fine. I have created a folder> Album in Lightroom CC and moved some images to it and it got synced file to Lightroom Classic CC. Please check if there are any updates pending for Lightroom software you are using now.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all my software is unto date.

I can get new Collections in LR Classic to sync with LRCC but not Collection Sets and I get Albums created in LRCC to appear in LR Classic but not Folders and hence anything in those sets or folders won't sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Collection sets have never synchronized from Lr Classic. Likewise Folders created in Lr CC do not sync as Collection sets with Lr Classic. Only the individual albums/collections will sync. There are a few other exceptions, like keywords that do not sync between the two applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

So the whole Lightroom structure is becoming a bit of a mess then..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Adobe recommends using one application; not both together. It is possible to use both e.g. Lr Classic on desktop computer and Lr CC on a laptop, provided there is a full understanding of the eco system. Basically Lr CC is for customers who wish to have all originals backed up to the cloud. Lr Classic is for those who prefer a traditional catalog (DAM) based on locally stored files & folders and the ability to sync smart previews.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok that’s fair enough but how does Lightroom mobile fit into this? It kinda has the same sync issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phones and tablets (iOS or Android) are fully integrated into the Lr CC eco system so everything will be compatible and develop settings and metadata will mirror what is in the the cloud. Proxies are managed automatically and efficiently to provide the smallest footprint possible on mobile devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Lightroom Mobile will still have the same sync issues with Folders and Collections as Classic does with CC? Doesn't this point to Classic becoming shelved in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t think so. Adobe has indicated it is committed to Lr Classic subscribers and making future improvements. Lr Classic has just seen the introduction of the new color and luminance range masking tools and an improved auto mask. Tools like red-eye, tone curve, split toning, HDR and pano’s are not yet available in Lr CC. Not to mention virtual copies, publish services, export manager, batch auto-sync together with the print and other output modules. I think Lr Classic is here to stay for quite a while as Lr CC appeals to a different market segment. In my opinion we would need to see significant bandwidth improvements or the ability to ingest raw files over a LAN before we see any major shifts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good to know Classic looks like it has a future but I would like Mobile to mimic the folder structure in Classic for when you are out with a client and want quick access to images, you need to know where they are and having different structures in both is not intuitive. I don't see why they should be different..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Therefore you need to name collections to be recognizable as standalone item. In LR Classic you could have a collection set called 1998 and a collection within called Berlin. As 1998 is lost in LRCC, you better name the collection Berlin now 1998-Berlin and then reconstruct the nesting in LRCC with folders later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines