7 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2012 7:26 AM by Kirsten Harris

CS 6 Install Fails - Pirate Software

MikeKPhoto Level 2

Paid my dues, got my serial number, donwloaded, start the install proces serial number validated through my Adobe accounr, get really excited then poof

Adobe thinks I have pirated software and I downloaded it from them - any ideas - support seems to be swamped

MK

Install Fail.JPG

• 1. Re: CS 6 Install Fails - Pirate Software
          Level 7

You're going to have to verify the serial number with Customer Support.

If they verify it, then it's a problem in the installer, and the installer engineers will have to help you.

(wish I could help, but we can't mess with serial numbers or the installer)

• 2. Re: CS 6 Install Fails - Pirate Software
            MikeKPhoto Level 2

The serial number is good, but downloaded the CS6 trial using Adobe download manager and it installed just fine. The purchase site uses Akamai download manager so maybe the problem is with the Akamai manager or the distribution on one of the Akamai farms. Been on with support for over an hour, and has been escalated, but I am good to go - yippeee

MK

• 3. Re: CS 6 Install Fails - Pirate Software
              MikeKPhoto Level 2

Just a quick update, compared the download packages from Akamai Download Manager and the Adobe Download Manager and the Akamai sources package is 1.75 GB and the Adobe Manager Version is 1.77 GB, so looks like it was an Akamai glitch; all relevant information passed to customer support......

Hope this helps anyone else who runs into this problem

MK

• 4. Re: CS 6 Install Fails - Pirate Software
                Kirsten Harris Adobe Employee

Thanks for the info, we are investigating to get to the source of the misleading error message. If you downloaded the Photoshop CS6 trial, you wouldn't have to download your purchased copy again. Simply clicking on the License button in the trial dialog and entering your serial number you got with your purchase would have turned your trial into a fully licensed version.

Or did you install the public beta of Photoshop CS6? In this case, you would have had to uninstall it before downloading the purchased version. Could you let us know if it was the trial or the beta you had installed before?

• 5. Re: CS 6 Install Fails - Pirate Software
                  MikeKPhoto Level 2

I never downloaded or installed the Beta and to get over my install issue I downloaded the trial and entered my serial number which worked

Here are the events in order they happened

1. Went to the Adobe Store and purchased Photoshop CS6 upgrade (upgrade from Photoshop CS5)
                  2. Order confirmed and received my license key
                  3. Hit download from the store page and downloaded the product
                  4. Download complete, during the install my license key was verified
                  5. About 99% into the install got the error message about not being a legit product and called support. On with them for about an hour
                  6. While on with support I downloaded and installed the trial version, that installed just fine
                  7. Compared the two download packages and the store version was smaller by about 200k than the trial version
                  8. The store version required the Akamai download manager whereas the trial version used the Adobe Download Manager (which worked) so that leads me to believe something was wrong with the Akamai download (either the package or the manager)

Hope this helps and feel free to get back to me if you need more info

Cheers

MK

PS some more datapoints:

When I got the install error message I closed out of the "Pirate" dialog box and the install aborted. Checking the Adobe directory the install got as far as installing the Scripting components before it aborted

• 6. Re: CS 6 Install Fails - Pirate Software
                    Robert Shomler Level 4

MikeKPhoto wrote:

Just a quick update, compared the download packages from Akamai Download Manager and the Adobe Download Manager and the Akamai sources package is 1.75 GB and the Adobe Manager Version is 1.77 GB, so looks like it was an Akamai glitch; all relevant information passed to customer support......

Hope this helps anyone else who runs into this problem

MK

May have been an Akamai Download Manager problem?  I downloaded PS CS6 yesterday via the Adobe store using Akamai.  The download expanded to 1.77 GB (win 7: properties show 1,908,925,012 bytes, 557 files, 108 folders).  I haven't had time to install it yet; we'll see what happens.

• 7. Re: CS 6 Install Fails - Pirate Software
                      Kirsten Harris Adobe Employee

Thanks for your detailed report! This helps. We'll fix the problem with the Akamai Download Manager.