7 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2012 5:26 PM by Noel Carboni

DNG

klem1939 Level 1

Mac 10.X lion, CS3, When trying to load NEF files from my Nikon D300s into DNG raw converter I now get the message "There is an error parsing the file"  I can load into other Raw programs and from my D70s, Versions DNG 4.4, 4.5, & 4.6 make no difference.  This problem has only appeared since I upgraded to Mac Lion, Any Ideas?

• 1. Re: DNG
          areohbee Level 5

I have no idea - does this happen with the latest version of DNG converter?

• 2. Re: DNG
            klem1939 Level 1

Haven't tried the latest iterations, seem to remember seeing that they are for later Ver CS 5

But why does the D70 NEF have no trouble?

Still I'm getting to try out other converters but find DNG tobe quicker / easier

• 3. Re: DNG
              areohbee Level 5

Generally, it's best to use the latest DNG Converter. It has compatibility options...

• 4. Re: DNG
                JimHess Adobe Community Professional & MVP

klem1939 wrote:

Haven't tried the latest iterations, seem to remember seeing that they are for later Ver CS 5

But why does the D70 NEF have no trouble?

Still I'm getting to try out other converters but find DNG tobe quicker / easier

The DNG converter is not connected with any version of Photoshop.  The latest version will create DNG files that can be compatible with any version of the ACR from version 2.4 onward.  Therefore, as has been indicated, it's usually best to use the newest version.

• 5. Re: DNG
                  klem1939 Level 1

Bingo! Ver 6.6 converted 12 out of 13 files no trouble.

Perhaps you can now explain why you USA were able to upgrade from CS3 to CS5 for US$191

and we in NZ had to pay US$360. And were not allowed to download from the Internet?

Be interesting what we are asked to pay for CS6.

How do you spell GIMP?

Thanks for your help BFN

• 6. Re: DNG
                    Jeff Schewe Level 5

klem1939 wrote:

Perhaps you can now explain why you USA were able to upgrade from CS3 to CS5 for US$191

and we in NZ had to pay US$360.

Ask Adobe NZ, they are in charge of (and responsible) for pricing in-country. Not something that can be answered here (since it's a User to User forum and we don't set prices).

got anything else to ask that WE (as users) can answer?

• 7. Re: DNG
                      Noel Carboni Level 7

klem1939 wrote:

How do you spell GIMP?

P - l - a - y - t - o - y.

-Noel