6 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2012 9:58 AM by al_me RSS

What happens to archieved folios?

al_me

I clicked "archieve" and now i cant get my foloio back to my ipad.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

• 1. Re: What happens to archieved folios?
          Bob Bringhurst - Adobe Adobe Employee

Tapping the Archive button removes the folio from your device. However, if your folio has been removed from the server, it disappears from your device. Did you create the folio, or did someone share it with you?

• 2. Re: What happens to archieved folios?
            al_me Community Member

Thank you for your quick answer bob,

I created the folio. But i use 3 ipads (1,2 and 3) to check if everything stays the same on each (btw it does ;). I use the same user on all three ipads, perhaps thats a problem? on the other two, i can still see my folio. The one where i clicked "archive" not.  Is it somehow possible to get the folio back? I've tried to reinstall the content viewer on my ipad and also tried to log in / log out, nothing seems to happen!

Thank you!

• 3. Re: What happens to archieved folios?
              Bob Bringhurst - Adobe Adobe Employee

If you log in using the same Adobe ID you use to create the folio, it should appear. Try signing in to both the Adobe Content Viewer and the Folio Builder panel using the same Adobe ID. If the folio appears in the Folio Builder panel but not the Adobe ID, there might be something wrong with the folio, such as articles with different orientations.

• 4. Re: What happens to archieved folios?
                al_me Community Member

Everything works fine on my other two ipads, its just the one where i clicked archive. The folio seems to be fine, i couldnt find any mistakes. I can see the folio in the folio panel in indesign and on the other ipads... Perhaps theres an issue with the cloud, (see my posting a few hours ago) i just cant update my folios, it worked fine till one point and now it somehow doesnt work anymore at all!

• 5. Re: What happens to archieved folios?
                  Casey Jensen Community Member

I'm going to guess everything works fine on your other two ipads because you simply haven't archived the folio on them.

If you archive the folio on them, is it once again available for download on those devices?

If not this means that either:

• The folio has been removed from the server/the Folio Producer Service
                  • There is an article with an invalid orientation that has been imported into the folio.
                  • The folio has some sort of corruption at an article level.

The best scenario to do here is backtrack on any articles you've added or recently changed/re-imported.

Unfortunately, this is a problem Adobe does not make very easy to troubleshoot.

• 6. Re: What happens to archieved folios?
                    al_me Community Member

Thanks Casey,

there was one folio file that didn´t have a wide layout, somehow i managed to not upload it. so thank you!

solved!