• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Activex (.ocx) file does not install unless installed through Internet Explorer

New Here ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this Adobe... I wasted a lot of time trying to figure out why it was not installing the activex (.ocx) file when I installed it through firefox or chrome. Low and behold if you install it through Internet Explorer than it installs the activex file. Other programs use the activex (.ocx) file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to download any version of the player through any browser using this page:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

I suspect you were going to the page that was detecting which browser/os you were using and was automatically giving you the version of the player it figured you needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay but you understand what I am saying right? If a person, such as myself, does not use Internet Explorer ever but uses programs that use the activex (.ocx) file than those programs will not work correctly. So if someone downloads flash player on firefox it should install the activex (.ocx) file so that other programs will work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ActiveX is a Microsoft technology which requires an ActiveX control to be installed in Internet Explorer in order to view Flash content.

All other browsers such as Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome etc., do not support ActiveX, but will play Flash content if the correct plugin is installed. If you go to the download link Chris suggested, the site detects which browser you're using and displays the appropriate version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It doesn't matter if you download the installers from Firefox, or IE, or whatever browser.

There are two installers:

• one for IE that installs the ActiveX control
  • one for other browsers that installs the plugin

You can download the offline installers from http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html#Install_in_a_...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines