6 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2012 10:43 AM by MikeKPhoto

Hidden Preference Window?

MikeKPhoto Level 2

Running Photoshop CS6 Normal edition (not extended)...

Was running through my prerences and for the first time I cycled through the options using the "Next Key" and found I had a preference panel that had no field descriptor on the left and looks to be for 3D rendering.

Not sure if this applied to my version of Photoshop, if it does, why no decriptor and if it does not why would it be there? The Help file suggests this is for the Extended version of Photoshop

Cheers

MKCapture1.JPG

• 1. Re: Hidden Preference Window?
          Silkrooster Adobe Community Professional & MVP

And you would be correct, but for your version you should not be seeing that screen, unless things have changed.

• 2. Re: Hidden Preference Window?
            station_one Level 3

Could that possibly be an unauthorized, leaked copy or did you download it straight from the official Adobe site?

• 3. Re: Hidden Preference Window?
              Noel Carboni Level 8

That's the 3D preferences panel, which should only be visible in Photoshop Extended.

Looks like a plain ol'-fashioned implementation bug.  Perhaps the Adobe engineers hid the descriptor on the left (because it's not Photoshop Extended) but forgot to unlink it from the list traversed by the Next key.

I wonder if maybe it could have been intentional to leave it in there...  Maybe there are things they anticipate you might need to change (e.g., under direction from a support person) and so left a secret way to change them.  Interesting.

-Noel

• 4. Re: Hidden Preference Window?
                Pattie F Employee Moderator

Sorry, this screen should not be visible from the non-extended version of Photoshop CS6, but will not cause you any issues. The 3d capability is not available in the standard version, only the extended version.

Pattie

• 5. Re: Hidden Preference Window?
                  MikeKPhoto Level 2

Pattie - Not a problem for me; just surprised it was there. Thought at first it might have been one of those "easter eggs" that developers used to sneak in years back. Don't see those these days

MK

• 6. Re: Hidden Preference Window?
                    MikeKPhoto Level 2

I did have a problem with my initial install with the installer telling me I had a pirated copy which was funny in a way as I did download it from the Adobe Store, but no, it is a legit version of Photoshop CS6

There was a problem with the Akamai download and installer and that was fixed. The version I am running where this popped up was the regular trial version which I installed and registered with my license key

MK