3 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2012 8:28 AM by Graugans GbR

I have not noticed any improvement in the rendering performance of FW CS6?

Graugans GbR Level 1

Opening preview window takes ages and every little change occurs a new rendering process which again lets me wait several seconds. Workflow is impossible. The preview window was not quit useable in CS5, but despite announcements aof Adobe, performance shall be better in CS6 (on Mac) it isnt. Maybe I do something wrong. Anyone who uses preview window without delays?

Cheers

Dennis

• 1. Re: I have not noticed any improvement in the rendering performance of FW CS6?
          Shubhashri CG Employee Moderator

Performance improvement in CS6 is made interms of refreshing the Property inspector on Mac platform.

On Windows platform file open /edit and save limit has been increased for 64 bit machines.

Adobe Fireworks CS6 is a 32-bit application only.Also performance interms of rendering on canvas or preview is not changed in CS6.

Thanks

Shubha

• 2. Re: I have not noticed any improvement in the rendering performance of FW CS6?
            niduma

thanks for explaining this. the propery inspector was terribly slow, but come on, don't you want to fix the big issues first? like improving the overall performance when you work with a document that exceeds 50mb or uses big images, styles, symbols and many fonts? that's where fireworks is really slow. i don't care how long it takes to save or open a document. 90% of my daily work is inside an open document.

• 3. Re: I have not noticed any improvement in the rendering performance of FW CS6?
              Graugans GbR Level 1

I agree, saving a large file take time, and this is not the problem. But i use the preview a lot, either checking quality for slices or previewing hover. Rendering the preview takes about 10 to 12 seconds and any click into the canvas causes a rerendering. So this feature is not to be used. I avoid it untill the very last moment, rather guessing what quality a jpg might have or using photoshop instead. This is definitely a huuuuge problem for my pov, as a main and important feature of FW is damaged, so to speak. And I can absolutely not understand why this problem is not solved in the new version. Im not the only one, forum and facebook is full of complaints.

I find Adobe could do a much better job here, it appears a bit sloppy.