• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I generate ATF (Adobe Texture Format) files?

May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm developing an iPad app using Starling but I could really use compressed textre files. I've heard that Adobe had a program called png2atf but it doesn't seem to be avalible any more. Is there anything new with cs6?

please help!!

TOPICS
ActionScript

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

take a look at texture packer

http://www.texturepacker.com/

here is a tutorial on how to use it as well

http://www.gotoandlearn.com/play.php?id=147

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

thanks but texture packer doesn't seem to export to ATF, just PNG, JPG and a few iOS formats that won't work in flash. apparently ATF files stay compressed so they take up much less space. Its really annoying as I know the tool exists, I just can't get hold of it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

from what I have read (which is 2 months old now) there has been no offical release of png2atf. anyone using it has been given early access via an NDA and you are unlikely to find it.

As far as I can tell ATF does not support transparency and so has limited use for 2D games anyway. It was designed for 3D textures

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I I've read this too, I was hoping that Adobe would have released it with the rest of CS6 or possibly that someone would be kind enough to send it me ( help [at] digitalbath.co.uk )

I understand the limitations of the format but I could still really use it.

It just doesn't seem fair that only certain people get to use it.

thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2012 May 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bad joke from Adobe. An Adobe guy (Thibault Imbert) writes a free e-book about Starling (I really thank him for that), wherein he praises the Adobe Texture Format and then you find out that since several months it is not available to the public. I bet that some Adobe Management Guys are trying to figure out how to monetize it and did not come to a clever conclusion yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2012 Aug 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys any news on the png2atf tool, now that we have air 3.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2012 Oct 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The tools were released a few days ago http://www.bytearray.org/?p=4472

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines