12 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2012 5:58 PM by Jonathan TR RSS

Where are the QuickTime/prores options in AME  CS6

gatolinn

I am working with the trial version and can't convert a file to prores.. is that functionality only in the full version or has progress conversions been taken out of CS six..

• 1. Re: Where are the QuickTime/prores options in AME  CS6
          Todd_Kopriva Adobe Employee

Have you downloaded and installed the ProRes codecs for QuickTime from Apple?

• 2. Re: Where are the QuickTime/prores options in AME  CS6
            gatolinn Community Member

well

yes.

I have a fully equiped edit system for editing feature films here... (mac if you're intrested)

and yes

I did reboot... ;-)

and the question was

are the workflow options there or not... in the trial they are not

so again " are they there in the full version?"

a list of presets from 5.5 will show quicktime (and thus prores)

the TRIAL does not show these options.

thanks

g

• 3. Re: Where are the QuickTime/prores options in AME  CS6
              Tim Kurkoski Adobe Employee

gatolinn, can you be more specific about what you are looking for in AME CS6?

If you have the ProRes codecs installed (via an Apple application like FCP, Motion, or Compressor), you can write a QuickTime file with the ProRes codecs, the same as in AME CS5.5. Set the format of your output to QuickTime, open the Export Settings for the output, and change the codec to your desired flavor or ProRes. This works in the trial.

If you do not have the ProRes codecs installed, you will not be able to write a ProRes file with AME, trial or otherwise.

• 4. Re: Where are the QuickTime/prores options in AME  CS6

hello

I am trying to see if the current version of AME in CS6 will fit in my workflow

CS5 did some

but as it is now

I am unable to see any quicktime workflows in CS6

so it must be an install problem

my question was becuse there seems to be no easy to find list of is and is not in the trial..

(only a mention of some codecs not being available)

thanks

I will try to reinstall

G

• 5. Re: Where are the QuickTime/prores options in AME  CS6

gatolinn, I'm still not clear what it is you are looking for and are not seeing.

The trial is fully featured (all formats and codecs are enabled during the trial period).

The formats that are available in AME will depend on which Adobe product or suite that you installed. See my answer in this thread:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1000329?tstart=0

If the problem is that you are not seeing QuickTime in the list of formats, then that may mean you installed an Adobe product that doesn't install it. (Or you are on Windows and you have not installed QuickTime.)

If you have installed an Adobe video product, and you still don't see QuickTime, then yes, maybe a reinstall will help. If not, please post a specific description and screenshots of the problem.

• 6. Re: Where are the QuickTime/prores options in AME  CS6

I have installed the full Master Suite (minus Flash) on a Mac

(a fully working production system)

But I am seeing what your link says is the web suite..

"When AME is installed by the Design & Web suites, or by other individual products, only a limited number of formats are available. IIRC, the formats are FLV, F4V, H.264 , MPEG4, and MP3."

There are no "Formats" involing Quicktime or ProRes for export (or timelines..)

nor are ther any presets for them in AME or any of the other of the suite

the Prelude will read Prores correctly

there seem to be others with the same problems

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?281962-ProRes-sequences-for-CS6

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthread.php?78512-Transcoding-Speed/page3

what I am trying to do is to see if the metadata is being carried over correctly

or at least better than it was in CS5.5

I am currently re installing

g

• 7. Re: Where are the QuickTime/prores options in AME  CS6

The link you provided to the DVX forum discusses only sequence settings in Premiere Pro, not AME. The advice given there (a QuickTime or ProRes specific sequence setting is not required) is accurate. If you have further questions about sequence settings, please start a new thread on the Premiere Pro forum.

Please let us know if reinstalling does the trick for you. If not, please post screenshots of the problem.

To be clear, when everything is installed and working:

- You will see QuickTime in the list of available formats in AME.

- AME does not export ProRes natively. You need to have the ProRes codec components installed via an Apple application.

- If ProRes is installed, the ProRes codecs will be available in the Export Settings dialog when QuickTime is the selected format.

- There are no AME presets for ProRes. You need to change the export settings manually.

- You can create (and share) your own presets that use the ProRes codecs so you don't have to change the settings every time.

> what I am trying to do is to see if the metadata is being carried over correctly

It may be worth starting a new thread for this question (I'd advise posing this question at the Premiere Pro forum, which gets more traffic). Be specific about what metadata, how, and when you would like it to be transferred.

• 8. Re: Where are the QuickTime/prores options in AME  CS6
                        Rallymax-forum Community Member

Are you Windows or Mac?

The ProRes Codec pack from Apple that runs on Windows can only decode.

Is a ProRes Encoder (for Windows) included with CS6? (It hasn't in any prior release)

• 9. Re: Where are the QuickTime/prores options in AME  CS6
                          Todd_Kopriva Adobe Employee

> Is a ProRes Encoder (for Windows) included with CS6? (It hasn't in any prior release)

Adobe does not include ProRes codecs.You have to get those from Apple. There doesn't exist a ProRes encoder for Windows. Apple doesn't make one.

• 10. Re: Where are the QuickTime/prores options in AME  CS6

Well

thank you for all of your attempts at help

but an uninstall and reinstall solved the problem

I am amazed that this thread went on for so long

really my initial question was very simple

I was trying to find a confirmation of the trial version having the prores codecs available or not

sadly none of the answers understood that

and the infotaiment factor here was very very low...

and in the end this conversation took up way too much of my time

in the future I will go back to not being proactive and wait for somebody else to shake the bugs out

but thank you Tim

it was your link to the thread about what is installed in the web design version

that was the big help

the list of available codecs that I had was the same as what was listed in the web design version

so that was enough

it would be great if it was easier to find information about what is in the Trials and different Packages......

good luck with your new CS

but it doesn't look like my business will be moving over to premiere this time around

peace

g

• 11. Re: Where are the QuickTime/prores options in AME  CS6
                              J. Simon Community Member

I was trying to find a confirmation of the trial version having the prores codecs available or not

sadly none of the answers understood that

Todd did, and answered it twice. To wit:

"If you have the ProRes codecs installed (via an Apple application like FCP, Motion, or Compressor), you can write a QuickTime file with the ProRes codecs"

"The trial is fully featured (all formats and codecs are enabled during the trial period)."

• 12. Re: Where are the QuickTime/prores options in AME  CS6
                                Jonathan TR

I know this is an old thread, but these guys answered it quite well. I had the same problem -  I couldn't find any ProRes codecs in AME but after reading this thread, I had that problem resolved in a few seconds. Thanks for your clear answers guys! Appreciate it!

JR