• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 installation asking for proxy password

New Here ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am upgrading one of our school PC's from CS3 to CS6.

Everything is downloaded and the installer has begun.

It asks me now to provide a proxy server username and password.

?

We do use a proxy at school for internet access and this uses NTLM authentication to track the staff and students sites visited by their active directory credentials.

There is no other proxy server username or password...

What should I enter as it won't let me carry on without entering something...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the proxy's admin credentials. Not saying that this sounds in any way right, but this seems the quickest fix to what no doubt is a bug of sorts...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The proxy is just a box!

A smoothwall product that provides filtering to our students.

IE is set to go through this proxy via group policy.

I am not sure there is any "admin" credentials - just everyones unique username and password in active directory.

I tired my own windows logon details but that failed.

where do I go for support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you contacted your I.T. department and ask them to enter the proper credentials?  It is expected behavior for our software to access the Internet with CS6 we are doing this to register the product to your Adobe ID. It should also pass that information on so when CS6 checks for updates it will use the same proxy credentials.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AM THE IT DEPT....LOL

Our proxy details an ip address and a port when we enter these details in Internet Explorer it gets us out on the world wide web.....the smoothwall uses ntlm authentication to then track who visits which site.

I have tried entering my active directory credentials in the adobe box as:

Username

Password

Also

Domain name\username

Password

Also

Usernsme\domain name

Password

Nothing, it just refuses to traverse out to the Internet....

Anyone any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The NTLM authentication might be part of the problem.  You should be able to install if you pull the network connection and install in trial mode.  You will then either be given an option to complete an offline activation or perhaps our Adobe Application Manager will have more success once the product is fully installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks jeff, will try in the morning when I get in to work....and update this thread for others....

Ultimately I guess I need to wait for AAMEE 3 to come out to deploy properly.

Our staff want it on 225 computers 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aye the AAMEE will solve for these type of difficulties.  It is a good thing though, after a fashion, as this helps us work out the kinks on an individual user level before it starts being deployed in the Enterprise environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's curious also, in that, other applications when they require web access just either pull the proxy details from IE or will ask you to input them, when we do in the form of IP:PORT, in our case 10.107.93.93 : 800

This is the first application I've encountered in 13 years of being an IT Manager in schools where it has not asked for the proxy details but for the proxy username and password....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

Logged on to the PC locally as administrator with no proxy set in IE.

This time I was not asked for proxy username or password....

At the options screen now and the following are not able to be selected:

Adobe After Effects

Adobe Encore

Adobe Premiere Pro

Adobe SpeedGrade

They all say : "OS Requirement not met, 64bit OS recommended"

Is there anyway round this?

We don't run 64 bit OS at the school.

Will creating the deployment package with AAMEE 3.0 allow me to create a deployment that will work for these pacakges on 32 bit OS'es

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:

To recap I am trying to install Master Suite CS6 on a single PC on our network which has internet access by way of a proxy server.(Smoothwall)

I've had to copy the install files to the local PC and logged on as administrator it allowed me to install when I removed the proxy details from IE.

I've now tried to open up photoshop whilst logged on with a domain admin account and again it's asking for my Proxy Password

I do not know if it's trying to use the same proxy details as IE is set to.....

How can I validate our serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue sorted!

The network account I was using was going through an RM product called a Smartcache (proxy), once I changed IE settings to go through the Smoothwall proxy it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects, Encore, Premiere Pro, and SpeedGrade all require a 64-bit OS to run.  I would recommend customizing your deployment package to not attempt to install these applications on a 32-bit system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or investigate the possibility of rolling out 64bit where they need this software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2024 Jan 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please send me adobe photoshop cs6 password

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Md34675879duqt 

for what exactly are you asking?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you bought your CS6 program you were given a serial number which you use during install

There is no password for CS6

If you are being asked for a password during install that is your computer password to prove you have permission

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines