1 Reply Latest reply on May 11, 2012 10:35 AM by pkrk

Javascripts stopped responding

pkrk Level 1

Recently I’ve been getting “disconnected” from be able to run Javascript scripts from InDesign. It seems to happen “randomly”. One factor that I can think of that might have started this is I’ve recently started utilizing some Applescripts from action enabled folders that call Javascripts.

Mac OS X 10.5.8

CS 5.5

A restart allows me to utilize the jsx files again but they eventually don’t respond at all. Not to a double click, not to a shortcut key that was assigned. What I find odd is that if I double click an applescript from the same scripts panel it will run.

The other factor might be I recently downloaded CS6 trial for XP that’s running on parallels.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

• 1. Re: Javascripts stopped responding
          pkrk Level 1

To update what I've previosuly stated. I believe it only breaks the link to the user scripts.

I can see my scripts in the panel, but they will not activate. The provided application jsx scripts still work though.

I should mention that I still have previous versions of InDesign installed on the station. Having them has not caused any conflicts before.

For experimentation sometimes those CS4/CS3 is used on this station.

Thank you!

P.S. I've also tried the set interaction level command, but it does not restore it. ( I placed a jsx with the command into the Sample scripts folder to run).

I'm thinking a clean out of my preferences might do the trick to keep it from coming back??

Other things like right clicking and selecting edit script don't respond either.

--As I said before estarting the station works but I'd like to avoid that.