• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Run As Admin - User Account Controls prompt

Contributor ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem that the problem with User Profiles (where the user profile doesn’t reside in the default location C:\Users\XXX) has been resolved… took two days but I finally was able to down load and install Master Collection…

In Windows there is an Administer Icon on lower 1/3 of the Photoshop Icon, indicating that you need to “Run As Administrator” which wasn’t present in the Beta. And when application is launched “User Account Controls” does prompted you “Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer”

On the - Adobe Photoshop CS6 (64 Bit)\Photoshop.exe I have changed the “Change Settings for All Users” to “Run this program as Administrator” but as with the Beta I still get the User Account Controls prompt each time I launce Photoshop!

It was a real problem with Lightroom 4… I was never able to create a smart object  psd in Lightroom. And creating a psd file required that I create the PSD using Photoshop 5.5 and only after creating the 5.5 PSD could I open the file in Photoshop 6.

Is there some stem that I have missed or some other work around???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could just turn off UAC? The rest sounds fishy and once for the millionth time boils down to permission/ user privilege issues - just because you run apps as admin, doesn't fix file permissions or group policies. Especialyl since you already mentioned having your user home directories in a non-standard location that could indicate that they are wrongfully inheriting security tokens from the drive's root, which on secondary drives of course would be different fro mthe system root and if they are on a network, that would complicate matters further. You realyl need to check those things and untangle them. and I wouldn't give a penny when something works differently in a Beta - that package may simply not have had a security certificate/ signature or used the one from CS5 so it was recognized as valid...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answert isn't remotly helpfull.... This was a known issue with the beta and is an Adobe Application Problem. Turning off UAC is not an option and turning Off / Changing (UAC) User Account Controls to Never Notify you will allow Photoshop to Launce without clicking the warning… it doesn’t resolve the conflict with Lightroom and Photoshop not creating the file.

It seems that Lightroom is looking for the Users Temp File Directory in a hard coded place ie: C:\Users\{UserName]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 11, 2012 May 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just an update 32bit Version of all aps (including Bridge and Photoshop) work perfectly and DON"T REQUIRE Admin privileges however the 64Bit versions of Bridge and Photoshop will throw an UAC warning! I don't mind clicking the button but it cases Lightroom to Photoshop NOT to funcion... PLEASE HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines