• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash-says installed, but isn't???

May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I downloaded and installed Adobe Flash, got message that it was successful, I now had Adobe Flash, BUT nothing needing flash works, so I checked all programs & Adobe Flash is NOT listed; so I checked Control Room>Uninstall-and Adobe Flash is listed but shows 0 memory under size.

2 So I uninstalled it, and returned to website, repeated download and install of Adobe Flash. Same thing.

3.Rebooted and repeated 1 & 2, same results.

4. When I installed, all 3 times, got error message that I needed to close internet explorer, which I did but still got error message. Kept clicking Retry, finally got past that, install looked like it went well, %'s went to 100%, said complete, I clicked finish.

5. Have Dell Inspiron 1720, Vista OS [hate hate hate Vista!], IE, Mcafee Total Protection. Am self taught baby boomer pc user [work online 8 hours/day] so please understand I don't understand tech abbreviations.

Thank you so much for any help you can give.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Installing Flash Player forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What files do you have in

• C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash ?
  • C:\Windows\syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Regarding IE, see

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines