1 Reply Latest reply on May 11, 2012 2:38 AM by Peter Spier

CS5 Print Booklet not working correctly — double sided issues

torih13

Hi,

So I'm very familiar with Print Booklet and have done many books in the past double-sided, but somehow in the last few months, my InDesign is having trouble with page sequence when printing booklets. Instead of printing the odd spreads how it should ... I'm getting every other spread (within the 'odd only' or 'even only'). So for instance, in this one signature... I was supposed to get a print of the spread with pages 11 and 14, followed by the center of the signature which contained pages 12 and 13 on the left and right, respectively. What happened was 12/13 never printed but the spread before it did print, and the spread before THAT one didn't print. In the "preview" part on Print Booklet, it looks normal. It's just when it actually goes to print, it has a problem.

Screen Shot 2012-05-11 at 3.09.04 AM.jpg

I've tried printing with my printer and on multiple others — happens everytime.

I'm trying to print a 24 page saddle-stitch booklet, double sided. I normally would print the odds first, flip the prints, and then print the evens. I have "print blank pages" and "print blank printer spreads" checked and everything seems to be normal... except it just keeps printing every other "odd" spread instead of all the odd spreads.

I'm going to be printing a 200+pg book soon with a lot of signatures and really don't want to have to manually organize them all... so any help would be gladly appreciated.

Screen Shot 2012-05-11 at 3.08.52 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-05-11 at 3.09.32 AM.jpg

my settings

I don't know if any of this even makes any sense... let me know. I'll do my best to explain it better. THANK YOU!