1 2 3 Previous Next 103 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2013 8:00 AM by Aloof Go to original post
      • 40. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
        entremaneur Level 1

@Citzwerth, please send me an email as well so that I can forward my crash logs in the future. It happens frequently.

As for @Jim_Babbage, "I honestly do not run into the glut of problems people seem to experience. I get the "occasional" hang, but Word crashes on me more often than FW. Once in a while, FW tells me it can't save a file because it's in use elsewhere (and it's not in use elsewhere). In those situations, a resave works.  I am in the habit (not because of Fireworks) of saving files often, so I might be avoiding some of the issues mentioned here. I'm on a MacBook Pro, using Snow Leopard - have not upgraded to Lion yet."

First, the "crash problem" is old, pervasive and oft discussed. Even if it wasn't, paying customers don't want to be challenged or patronized when they come to a forum like this to discuss a problem. I have the crashes _constantly_.   And I am also in the habit of saving often; Jim, who doesn't save often with Adobe products? With Microsoft Word I could crash all day long but every draft is backed up automatically. So don't even go down that path. Maybe the reason you don't have issues is that you're using a Mac. No clue. But your "save often" statement (among others) made me think "oh wow! all this time after $5-6k spent on Adobe products over the last 5 years, hundreds of Fw crashes and I can't believe I never thought to 'save often'."  C'mon, Jim, really?

How about this: 1) I've paid close to $10k for Adobe products in the last 5 years, I don't want to be challenged or patronized, I just want the Adobe team to fix what I paid for. 2)  I want "community professionals" and "evangelists" to stop asking everyone to cut Adobe slack on this. Get a backbone and ask Adobe to step up and get it fixed. It's disgusting to see the same old, dusty problems occuring version after version. 3) It's fine to suggest workarounds as a stop-gap until these issues are fixed, but not in a tone that implies that the user ought to be doing things the janky way by default. Duplicate master pages have nothing to do with it. I, like other users on this thread, have 24Gb of RAM and no matter the project, no matter how it's organized, no matter my usage of states, pages, master pages, layers, symbols or anything else, Fw simply consumes a ton of RAM and then crashes at unpredictable times for unknown reasons. And a crash log is not always created.

No more excuses, just fix it. This is a serious problem. Put up a very easy to use, easy to find landing page for Fw customers to submit crash logs and bug reports, and provide simple 1, 2, 3 steps to show the less sophisticated users how to get the information they need to send it back to the Fw team.

• 41. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
          Graugans GbR Level 1

Hmm, these are strong words, but I can understand every single aspect. One can discuss the need of certain features of DW, but the performance issues and all the little bugs are problematic. And since so many users seem to complain and to be upset shows that everybody was waiting for enhancements and are now disappointed after the release of new versions. Adding a few features every version seem not to satisfy user any more and does not justify high prices. I think, we all want to work and not to play!

• 42. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
            Graugans GbR Level 1

Here is where you should send your crash logs to: shubha@adobe.com

• 43. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
              Aloof Level 1

Even though I understand there are a variety of issues, please let us

keep this thread about what I started it about: A fatal, catastrophic

state in which Fireworks get on PC in CS6. To me the performance or

preview couldn't matter less, since I cannot use the product at all

anymore. I cannot save documents. Neither can I generate a crash log.

This is far more serious than some issues that just slow down work.

• 44. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                Jim_Babbage Level 4

@ entremaneur

All I was doing was relating personal experiencing. Sorry you found that offensive. Personal attacks are not appreciated or deserved and as a matter of fact, I DID reach out to the engineering team, which is why TWO of them jumped on this thread in less than 48 hours.

• 45. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                  Daniel Drummond Level 1

Hi, this issue is becoming ridiculous it has been around for several years, are you planing on fixing the memory issues or should i simply find an alternative?

For a premium piece if software this is unexceptable!!

• 46. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                    dannychang Level 1

Which part dont you understand the problem?

This has been the issue for so long that it distroy my work every single day.

If I left the fireworks CS6 on mac open overnight, it will just crash sometime before i come back to work in the morning.

I spent so much time to rebuilt the work i did because of your stupid memory leaks.

Why dont your QA team to re-produce the bug?  Keep asking us to send in crash report makes you think you are working on this?

Fix this and stop asking things from us.  We pay the product, so you can take your part to fix this damn issue.

Am i clear or not?

• 47. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                      kobawsky Level 1

I'm using a Macbook Pro i7 8GB OSX Lion,  user of this crap since it's called Macromedia Fireworks, I need to tell you guys this: Fireworks CS6 is the WORST SOFTWARE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!!!! This program simply crashes ALL THE TIME, I mean, ALL THE TIME, there's no reason, could be creating a new page or simply using the text tool!

Unfortunely I never liked the way Photoshop do some simple things, too mutch steps to make very basic things, at Fireworks you can make it quicky (maybe not the best way) but very pratical and fast

What's wrong with Adobe???? It's unreal!! Nothing work on this crap:

- Recovery system is a joke, never worked

- Crashes all the time (You can't save your work! Even pressing cmd+S to save when crashes your last save go to space and you need restart to work on a older version of the same document, of course not saved for "recovery system")

- Lot of memmory problems

- Workspaces layouts are another joke, don't work, color pallete don't accept to show up the left side of the palete icon WTF! Forcing you to re arrange the layout floating the trough workspace all the time... what a mess!!

• 48. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                        lozandier Level 1

I have a similar system configuration  and I don't have these issues whatsoever.

my notebook in which I have 16GB Ram, running Windows 8 (Release Candidate since May,  i7 Processor (The highest before the extreme edition),  a 256 Vertex 3 SSD (Still considered one of the fastest Consumer-level SSD out there and I don't have these issues.

An SSD user to another user, Windows and its rather pesdestrian memory  settings in its registry is what usually is the problem. I had similar problems with Photoshop CS6 when I wasn't even using half of my memory. While it will sound rather insane, you will likely need to edit your registry keys, edit your environment variables.

Also, you might want to see if allowing your paging file to have at least 1GB available to avoid a gotcha; we SSD users are usually recommended to eliminate any memory towards paging file, but I have come across several problems that were only solved after I did that.

I did many tweaks with my SSD and Windows 8 configuration when at first I had similar problems, I hope all this information helps in some way...

• 49. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                          Mastov1 Level 1

I found this thread in a google search in an effort to resolve a fireworks related issue I'm having. I'm on a mac running OSX 10.8.2. I've found fireworks suffers from mission critical issues and is almost unusable.

The following issues all happen on a regular basis:

1) Crashes related to everything under the sun.

Occurs 2-5 times every day. Average amount of time lost is 1-3 hours a day needing to recreate work.

2) Cannot save files.

Occurs every day at random. Average amount of time lost is 1-3 hours.

3) Cannot open some files.

Total work loss need to re-create files from scratch. In some cases this has resulted in a whole day's work lost 8-14 hours.

4) File saves with a blank document.

Occurs less often but has still happened. Total work loss need to re-create files from scratch. In some cases this has resulted in a whole day's work lost 8-14 hours.

These combined issues result in a staggering amount of hours lost every day. I'm forced to save every 10 minutes. When saving no longer works I must close the document and lose everything. Every time I open a document, I hope it will open and also not show me a blank page with all my work lost. When I contact customer service I'm told all of these issues are file specific issues and I caused. When I explain that this is not a file specific issue they hang up on me. I've lost countless hours, money, and respect from clients whom expect work to be completed on deadlines.

• 50. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                            kobawsky Level 1

Same here Mastov1, I think we need to find another software similar to Fireworks I'm tired to lost work and then recreate all things from scratch EVERY SINGLE DAY! Anyone please have an idea????

• 51. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                              Mastov1 Level 1

My experiance is FW doesn't support files above 160mb. Also FW doesn't clear it's memory after a file is closed. So if you're working on a 120mb file that causes FW to use 2 gigs of ram, the 2 gigs of ram will still be active even after a file has been closed. You must quit FW in order to tell FW to stop using ram for a closed file. Just experianced another crash - another hour of work lost.

This probably comes off as someone who's got an axe to grind, but I'm the biggest proponent of FW. I like the functionality, the UI, ect. But if I was hooked up to FW for life support - it would KILL ME. And this is exactly what's happened to many projects I've worked on. Got a dead line to meet and miss it because 10 hours of work went into a black hole. I need to make my files highly compartmentalized, by the day, hour, ect. This ensures the upmost chance of me having something to fall back on.

Sketch 2 seems to be the main competitor of FW but it's buggy and lacks features also. However I can excuse that because it's an indy company that's been around a short time and only has 2 programmers. Adobe is huge and has more bugs. If my understanding is correct FW must take up a pretty huge market share to be the sole UI tool of it's kind? So I can't understand why other people aren't voicing these issues. Either I have a corrupted version of FW (third install), or people seem to just find workaround/live with it

• 52. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                Graugans GbR Level 1

I avoid working with large files, as FW gets annoying slow. And i mean really slow. Having more then five pages and ten pix, FW needs up to 10 seconds to safe and about 20 seconds to render a preview for checking button states. I once had a bit larger project, about 12 pages and had to finish splitting, because FW could not handle it. Its what I mentioned in all my posty: the whole structure of FW is very bad and Adobe doesnt care at all. Lets wait for FW 7...

• 54. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                  DustinFL Level 1

I'm running Fireworks CS6 on a N270 Netbook and an AMD APU, both with SSDs and Windows 8 with no problems. I also have it running on a dual-core iMac at work with no problems there either.

Those of you with Windows and an SSD need to make sure your paging file is at least 1024mb... perhaps more just to be on the safe side.

Those of you with OSX can try going to Finder > search "Disk Utility", select your primary hard drive and click "Repair Permissions". This is the method I used to repair a memory leak in a friend's MacBook, so I'm hoping that this will help in this situation as well.

• 55. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                    kobawsky Level 1

Don't work for me, using OSX Moutain Lion on Macbook PRO 8GB and iMac OSX Lion 4GB both still crash as usual

• 56. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                      Graugans GbR Level 1

Hello Mr. Babbage,

i wonder whether the dev team has taken care of the problems we have mentioned here for quit some time yet. Can I look forward for a killer update just before Christmas?

I made the experience that the larger the file i am working with the more often fireworks crashes. 

But Apple TimeMachine seems to disturb the whole thing, too. I also would like to know, whether switching to preview mode takes a long time on your machine, too. At my iMac, i alwasys have to wait 10 seconds and longer, depending on file size. This is quit annoying as it seems to be the only way to see what file-size  a slice will have.

Nevertheless for my opinion FW is a much better product for designing websites than PS and I would give my left kidney* for an improved version, programmed with the same accuracy like PS. There are enough functionality out there, what misses is a improved core which works fast and reliable.

Apropos, what about a feature which simulates different screen resolutions to make designing responsive a bit easier? Wouldnt that be realy cool?

Regards,

Citzwerth

*just kidding, to emphasize urgency

• 57. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                        Jim_Babbage Level 4

I'm not privy to what the dev team is specifically working on for Fireworks. All I can say is tht they are aware of the issue and are working to resolve it. I've been given no timeline or anythign along those lines. I have made every effort to make them aware of this thread.

• 58. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                          lozandier Level 1

Unfortunately, the fluid layout feature is only available on InDesign (and

why I'm increasingly using that for RWD instead of Fireworks) and the fluid

resolution switching capability is the core feature of Adobe Edge Reframe

tool that'll likely stay that way for quite a while.

Wouldn't be surprised if Adobe Fireworks and Reframe merge or there will be

a 'Fireworks Extended' sometime in the future...

• 59. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                            annacapa Level 1

I discovered that, on my mac, using Fireworks CS6 / 12.0, I sometimes couldn't "Save As..." a Photoshop PSD. After a little sleuthing I discovered that it usually happened with files where I'd pulled a layered photoshop file into fireworks to build upon and had kept some of the original bitmap elements. When I deleted these bitmaps (and it was usually only one that was causing the problem), I could save Pages with the "Save As..." a Photoshop PSD file alright. I also disabled non adobe extensions. But I think my issue was with the bitmaps from the original layered psd file(s). Thought I'd share. I've been transitioning from photoshop to fireworks, so have files from both programs. Truly frustrating when fireworks crashes. Learned about Sketch from others here. I'll definitely look into that. Thanks!

• 60. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                              Shubhashri CG Employee Moderator

For all the users who are seeing instability with Mac OSX 10.8 , we would want to get more info about your working environment.Please share the below details

1. Do you use any online music app like Spotify or sound cloud or any other app 
                                              2. What other Adobe products do you run while using Fireworks
                                              3. Have you installed any  extensions for Fireworks.Please list them if you have any
                                              4. What is the common workflow where you see the crash Ex: File open,File save,File save as other formats,import file ... etc 
                                              5. Machine configuration
                                              6. Do you use wireless mouse as a input device
                                              7. Please submit crash reports to Adobe when you get the Adobe Crash reporter.

We have not enoucntered these stability issues in our test environment.Your detailed info will help us understand the issue.

Thanks

Adobe Fireworks Team

• 61. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                dannychang Level 1

The Problems are not only existing in 10.8.  It's always there. (10.7, 10.6)

1. Yes, Spotify

2. Photoshop, Adium, Sparrow, 1Password, Safari, Finder.

3. 960.gs

4. If you use fireworks create file which more than 20 pages, some layers in each page. Work on design for few hours, and it will crash a lot.  or just do nothing and leave it overnight.  It will eventually crash.

5. Mac OS 10.8.2 Macbook Pro 2.2 Ghz i7 8GB RAM.  Mac OS 10.8.2 Macbook Air 8GB RAM

6. Yes

7. I have done that hundreds if not thousands time.  It crashes in average 2-3 times a days (at least)

That's how bad your software is.  If you can't find the problem, maybe you need a NEW QA team which knows how to QA the problem and identify the problems.  Maybe you should go out to do field research on how bad the problem is rather than stay in your tiny QA lab.

• 62. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                  FWneedsAdobeAttention Level 1

Same as dannychang — FW has been a crashing 2-3 times daily (on a good day - more on most). FW crashes and has even deleted my files on crash. FW actually erases my file from my computer not to be found in my Trash! What is going on with this program?

1. No — I don't run any programs in hopes FW doesn't crash.

2. None

3. I have turned them all off and the problem persists.

4. Saving or working in Fireworks. My hunch is that the background processes for autosave are causing the problem. However, I this is only a hunch because I run nothing but Fireworks and it continues to crash.

5. Mac OS 10.8.1 Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel core i7 8Gb RAM

6. No

7. Been submitting them automatically.

"That's how bad your software is.  If you can't find the problem, maybe you need a NEW QA team which knows how to QA the problem and identify the problems.  Maybe you should go out to do field research on how bad the problem is rather than stay in your tiny QA lab."

• 63. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                    Mastov1 Level 1

1. No

2. Photoshop/illustrator possibly - but usually none.

3. Specctr Pro - but usually not.

4.  Crash has occured on file open, file save, file save as other format, using almost every tool. All scenarios.

5. osx 10.8.2,  27-inch Mid 2010, 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB

6. Wirless logitech

7. The crash report is broken or unclear. I can send a crash report to apple. I have never once gotten a crash report that I can send to Adobe.

• 64. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                      Graugans GbR Level 1

Hi,

1. Yes, Spotify sometimes, but rather rarely, crashes occur with or without.

2. DW, PS

4. Seems especially occur with large files (and large means > 15 MB ) with several pages and lots of layers, after having worked for a while. Maybe some memory issue?

5. iMac 21.5 inch, mid 2011, 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3,

AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB, OS X 10.8.2

Machine is connected to a QNAP Soho NAS which stores all files. I should mention that TimeMachine is using this NAS as well and is also causing crashes. So whenever TM starts I quickly safe, cook coffee and hope for best ;-)

6. Yes

7. I dont have a crash report except the apple one which i always use. How to install/activate/use Adobe crash report?

• 65. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                        kobawsky Level 1
                                                        1. Do you use any online music app like Spotify or sound cloud or any other app

iTunes or VLC Player 

1. What other Adobe products do you run while using Fireworks
                                                          Flash, Illustrator, Photoshop
                                                        2. Have you installed any  extensions for Fireworks.Please list them if you have any
                                                          No
                                                        3. What is the common workflow where you see the crash Ex: File open,File save,File save as other formats,import file ... etc
                                                          Anytime, everywhere
                                                        4. Machine configuration
                                                          Macbook PRO 8GB intel core i7 2.2 OSX 10.8.2
                                                        5. Do you use wireless mouse as a input device
                                                          Bluetooth apple mouse
                                                        6. Please submit crash reports to Adobe when you get the Adobe Crash reporter.
                                                          I always do that (thousand times)

Team, if you guys will really read this please consider all notes of this forum, this program is amazing, very intuitive and easy to use, don't let he die, Fireworks have serious problems, and we all know the only way to finally solve the major problems it's to rebuild it from scratch

• 66. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                          Andrej Balaz Level 1

I have found out that the Save All command has a higher success rate than Save, which often closes FW immediately (no error messages or crash reports, as I have mentioned before). The memory issues still persist though. I am on Windows 7.

• 67. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                            ninotindultat Level 1

If Adobe does not fix Fireworks, they deserve to lose our attention too. Much to ask, but Adobe bloating PS while letting FW abandoned is anything but serious software.

• 68. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                              fbaumgärtner Level 1

Adobe, I cant under stand it!

more and more peoples working with fireworks again, because of responsive webdesign and mobile developement, and adobe cant fix the same old problems for fireworks?!?

I´m useing a brand new macbook pro with retina display late 2012. But the last 2 Days Fireworks crashes, and dont let me restore the files that it saved on my desktop.

The Highlight was the message: "Ihre Anforderung konnte nicht ausgeführt werden. Die Kapazität des Arbeitsspeichers ist fast erschöpft."

Google translated Message: "Your request could not be executed. The capacity of the memory is exhausted."

For Details i must say, that i have a sleeped VirtualMachine running (Parallel Desktop 8, with Windows 7), with Game on hold.

My Parallels Desktop 8 Settings for Windows 7:

- 256 MB Grafik,

- 3D Boost: DirectX9

- Retina Display: full Resolution - No!

My MacBook Pro Retina Details:

- 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7

- 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

- OS X 10.8.2 (12C3006)

When we can hope for an Update for Fireworks CS6???

All "majour" CS6 products stills got an update, but no one for fireworks CS6.

it still looks like that "Fire---works" is not really important in your development-department!!!???

yours,

fbaugärtner

• 69. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                                Andrej Balaz Level 1

This problem still persists and after a few more months nothing has happened. Is Adobe planning to fix this program or should we just drop it forever?

• 70. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                                  grafikundso Level 1

Same issue here, creative cloud member, fw6 constantly crashing.

Win 7 - 64bit - 16gb ram - 256gb ssd.

any news?

wouldnt be that hard if the files would be able to recover!

but its really hard if you have to save every working step, every second!

loosing tons of time...

• 71. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                                    kobawsky Level 1

There's no way to avoid crashing, I think major the problem belongs to the core, this program needs to be rebuild from the scratch, there's no fix, no solution, everyone tried everything...

Please Adobe, listen to Fireworks users, a great and simple to use tool being dropped, don't let this happen

• 72. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                                      ninotindultat Level 1

Fireworks is the epitome of what specialized software and simplicity of use is.

We deserve better tools. We do not want to be designing the web with a bloated photo editing tool and probably none of us Fireworks users, knowing things can be much better, will ever use it.

Sketch is the way to go if FW is dropped. And it is not a big company, which makes it even more interesting.

• 73. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                                        grafikundso Level 1

if they gonna release a win version of sketch, it might be interesting.

any other software spotted?

• 74. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                                          mzetlitz Level 1

I fear that to Adobe we are not nearly enough people who voice our concern for them to see the importance and value in putting resources into it.

Also, it seems that other products like Edge are meant to replace our tool of choice. Either that or one of the flagships. At least my gut feeling and Adobe's reluctance tells me so.

I dobut it will help, because anyone can say what I am going to write, but I am often the only user interface / user experience designer (etc.) on large scale projects for the government, national lottery, national broadcasting association, largest media/publishers - big and small clients.

My preferred tool is Fireworks and until recently I have relied 100% on it to make a living, because no other tool can do what it does for me and my workflow. My workflow usually involves parts Illustrator and Photoshop, but only for what they are good at - either vector work like art/logo or image manipulation. With Fireworks I can compose. If I need a vector I have it, I can scale it, grab it easily and move it around. I can edit bitmaps I bring into the composition without having to resort to switching tools. 9 scale is my secret in making interfaces fast and clients are impressed at the speed I produce prototypes and workflows.

One of my latest projects was updating and improving workflows/graphics for a UI used by more than 23 000 people. I had no previous raw files from the earlier designers, I had to make screenshots from the terminal these people use and prototype on top of these. Without Fireworks, I wouldn't be able to do what I do. Photoshop would fail when I need to cut something, 9 scale it, size it up, place it somewhere else and then mix it in with my own new UI elements made up of vectors etc. Illustrator wouldn't be able to help me in the edit bitmap part without me having to switch to Photoshop etc.

I bet you can argue that I could replace Fireworks using Photoshop, but I can't, not even if I wanted it would be a disruptive workflow. I am no master at PS, but I know it would make me less agile. Same goes for the lacking features in Illustrator that could make me replace FW with AI.

For my latest 23 000 users terminal UI stuff, I boiled it down to 5 different fw.pngs with around 7 pages each and mix of vector and bitmaps (maybe around 20-30 editable elements on each page). In total, it was far less than my machine is able to handle, a Macbook Pro Retina Intel i7 with 16gb memory and an SSD. Fireworks grinded to a halt and in client meetings I had to apologize and explain how I am relying on the only tool that could do the job and the large great company behind it seems to be missing the point.

Adobe: A roadmap would be good. Let us know, more transparency on the future of Fireworks. Are we beating a dead horse? There is no replacement and trust me, I wish there was one right now.

• 75. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                                            ninotindultat Level 1

For the moment I don't think they are thinking of this.

However it might change depending on user requests at some point I guess.

They listen and implement upon request, fast and doing it well. There is still a road ahead for it but I'm sure it will succed.

States, components, symbols, a nice feathering tool such as that on FW is on their to do list... and many other of the greatest features of FW so there is hope here.

Nobody but them seem to be doing much about a thing that seems to me pretty obvious, and this is creating a quality modern and easy to use tool allowing us to do things better than PS or PS+AI.

• 76. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                                              ninotindultat Level 1

Good one mzetlitz

Well, I am not so sure any of the Edge tools are exactly at the moment able to replace FW.

I really do not care if the name of the tool is FW or whatever.. I just need a good tool, so if they decide to create a new one allowing me to work as fast and efficiently as I work with FW, welcome.

And please Adobe, if you even care to read this, think about specializing your tools and making them easy to learn and use just as FW is.

If for example you go on the FAQ's page for Reflow you read this:

Is Edge Reflow meant to replace Fireworks?

Fireworks is a great prototyping, wireframing and graphic design tool. Edge Reflow is designed specifically for the creation of responsive layouts and visuals by using standards-based CSS. While we expect some cross-over usecases, these are unique applications that serve different purposes.

• 77. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                                                Andrej Balaz Level 1

I can only recommending Sketch as a full alternative to all things Adobe if you are on the mac and design GUIs.  Adobe is a company in the stage of decomposition if you look at the quality of their new features in tools like Photoshop or Illustrator. The know how and quality are gone for the sake of quick marketing cycles. Fireworks is dead for me and I won't look back.

• 78. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                                                  kobawsky Level 1

I just downloaded Sketch, let's see what happens

• 79. Re: Fireworks CS6 - Still the same memory issues and crashes.
                                                                                    ninotindultat Level 1

well done.. You'll like it. It is smooth, simple, focused and stable... Still things to do, many, but with some support from users, some spread the news, some not being so ******** lazy to try new things out of one's area of comfort it will make it cause it just makes sense.

I really hope it does make it even if FW is still around or even if Adobe would reconsider FW. Monopolies are a bad deal.