20 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2012 7:24 AM by fredoviolawoodstock

Ram preview loads slow and only several frames...

fredoviolawoodstock Level 1

Hi there, folks

I've been using CS3 for a long time.  I never upgraded, as everything was working slowly on both my macs (MacBook Pro 2.8 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo with 4 GB ram, the other is a 2009 model with 8 GB ram).

Anyway, Apple kind of forced me to upgrade to Lion in order to continue to sync my personal data.  After doing so AfterEffect CS3 would open, but ram previews would play constantly out of sync. 

Anyway, ok, so I finally upgraded AE today.  I purchased a cloud subscription.  Everything downloaded well.  Opened up a project I'd just started which uses footage shot with my Canon 5D.  It all shows up.  Good. Put it on for a ram preview and found that it was extremely slow, slower for sure than CS3.  Also, it just rendered 4 frames and then played them on a loop. 

I then came to this site and found a great many horrible complaints about CS6 AE.  GULP.

So my question, is there something I am doing wrong?  Is it possible CS6 AE is now having problems with Canon 5D footage that CS3 AE didn't?

Any help is much appreciated!!

- Fredo