6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2012 1:28 PM by bdelillo

Premiere Pro CS6 won't load audio volume.

caseyinhd Level 1

When I open my project I get this:

Problem.jpg

Then, none of the volume adjustments work on the timeline.

Everything you need to know:

Mac OSX Snow Leopard

Premiere Pro CS6 (Production Premium)

Project imported from FCP7 XML, although I have removed all effects etc from that import.  All filters and adjustements have been made in premiere.

I've copied all the clips into a new timeline, restarted premiere, rebooted, don't know what else to do.

Please help?

• 1. Re: Premiere Pro CS6 won't load audio volume.
          caseyinhd Level 1

Hmm... May have found a workaround.

Exported problem sequence from Premiere to XML and imported XML into new project, and seems to be fine now.

Maybe XML from FCP error, that re-exporting does away with?  I don't know...

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Premiere Pro CS6 won't load audio volume.
            ebenabbaan Level 1

For the record I'm having this same problem.  Scary, since I made a bunch of audio edits and lost that work.

Definitely smells like a bug.  I'm using Xto7 to convert a sequence from FCP X to an XML file CS6 can read; I'm having to run both FCP X and Premiere simultaneously, since Xto7 didn't really do a good job.  The problem occured when I switched back and forth between the two, and tried to relink an offline file in my Premiere project (where I am reassembling the sequence).  Suddenly the sound would not play.  I quit and restarted, and got the error above.  Ugh.

• 3. Re: Premiere Pro CS6 won't load audio volume.
              Stu Art Video

I am also having this same error. For me it only seems to be happening when dealing with a sequence which has been synced using Plural Eyes. If I don't close Premier, do the dynamic link to Encore & burn to disc it seems to work. The problem occors when I shut down premier.

Weird and annoying. Definitly a bug.

I amusing CS6 on my iMac, and working with Mov & MXF files

• 4. Re: Premiere Pro CS6 won't load audio volume.
                adjectiveentertainment

I'm having the same problem.  Also used pluraleyes before hand, by way of FCP.  I'm working on an hour long documentary, so it's more than anoying.  I basically have to re-level everything, everytime I open the project. 

The lack of support for CS6 has been a huge problem in general.  Having just switched from Final Cut, I'm used to finding answers online, but with Adobe so far I feel like I'm a lonely beta tester.  

• 5. Re: Premiere Pro CS6 won't load audio volume.
                  m.notaro Level 1

I'm having the same problem.  My sequence originated in FCP7, but i never used pluralize w/ it FYI.  So I would guess it must be an XML related issue.

This problem is a serious bummer.  Decided to do a rough mix in PP, and now a half day of work seems to be gone, with no way of resurrecting.

I have updated to 6.02, still with the same results when i launch the project. 

Please get on this bug adobe.

• 6. Re: Premiere Pro CS6 won't load audio volume.
                    bdelillo Level 1

*Raises hand*

I am getting this error as well. My project started in FCP 7 and is being worked on in Premiere CS6 via XML import. Working on a Mac (10.6.8).  An annoying, time-consuming bug to say the least. Looks like I'll have to do all my audio mixing in Audition?

Please address this issue, Adobe.