2 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2012 6:11 PM by Noel Carboni

Corrupted menu items

noble6047

I'm getting all of my menus corrupted after using CS6 for a couple of hours.  See below...

.Untitled-1.jpg

This is happening for all of my windows (Navigator, preferences, etc.)  I have to close the program and re-open to fix.

Running Windows7 64-bit. 12 GB RAM with an ATI FirePro V8700 card with 1 GB on it as well.  I have all of the latest drivers for the card (installed yesterday).  This should be blazingly fast, and it's chugging along like my CS3 used to with 4 GB RAM.  Are these issues with speed and the corruption of the menu items related?  Anyone with experience with this?

• 1. Re: Corrupted menu items
          Level 7

Sounds like there's some sort of video driver conflct/bug going on there.

But it could also be some other system utility that modifies the drawing of UI controls.

• 2. Re: Corrupted menu items
            Noel Carboni Level 8

Try unchecking the [  ] Use Graphics Processor setting, closing Photoshop, and reopening.

Does the problem go away?  If so, that confirms what Chris has said - you have a problem with the ATI display driver.

You say you have "all the lastest drivers"...  What version would that be and where did you download it from?

-Noel