3 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2012 7:46 AM by mbchance RSS

When adding video files and photos to projects does it matter if the name of the folders containing

mbchance Community Member

When adding video files and photos to projects does it matter if the name of the folders containing these change.  I was going to file the photos for a video project in a specific folder.   I assume when I add files to the project they  are really links back to the folders and files selected.  I assume the actual file is not copied and the link becomes part of the PrE10 Adobe project folders.   I had worked on a project,  inserted photos and video files , and then later renamed the primarily folder of photos to include the most current date.  When I opened the PrE10 project, it wanted me to locate the photos.  I think the link wasn't there since I changed the primary folder name with a new date .  I didn't change the name of the individual photos.

If the file/path of selected video files and photo files is changed will it remove the link for the source file?   If so,  I would need to organize the files and never change names of folders or locations.   I intend to burn the projects to DVDs, but if I ever want to open a project, I would need to be sure it isn't moved from within the C drive or to external hard drives.

Before, I used PrE1 and downloaded the video files directly from the video camera, onto the PC using PrE1 software.   I had the Mini DV  as the archive copy of what I shot on the video camera.   With the new HD camera I was transferring these files from the internal storage of the camera to the PC.   I then could back up the files (mts) to DVDs and external HDs, since the media wasn't on a removable source.   I would prefer to transfer the files from the camera this way instead of directly from the camera into PrE10.

Just wanted to confirm how the added media to a project could be impacted .

thanks

Mike Chance

dchance@bellsouth.net