3 Replies Latest reply on May 12, 2012 5:28 AM by Harm Millaard

Nvidia Maximus users?

lasvideo Level 4

Anyone using the Nvidia Maximus configuration  (Quadro 4000 and Tesla 2075) with CS6 yet? Looks great for enhanced playback and raytracing.

• 1. Re: Nvidia Maximus users?
          Harm Millaard Level 7

I think that in these economically harsh times, there are few willing to spend around € 3K+ for a card with only 448 CUDA cores for the hardware acceleration in Maximus configuration, when you can get a GTX 670 for around € 400. I have described this issue on the Case panel here: http://ppbm6.com/Planning.html

• 2. Re: Nvidia Maximus users?
            lasvideo Level 4

Unfortunately the GTX 670 doesnt provide the desired acceleration function I require in the new 3D raytrace mode in After effects, in addition to the enhanced playback and accelerated performance in Premiere where it works in conjunction with my Quadro 4000. To tell you the truth, I bumped into several facilities / individuals during my sneak peek experience with Adobe that are running the Maximus configuration with dramtic results . Those are the folks I seek feedback from.

• 3. Re: Nvidia Maximus users?
              Harm Millaard Level 7

Unfortunately the GTX 670 doesnt provide the desired acceleration function I require in the new 3D raytrace mode in After effects

That is only a matter of time. It will come, the question is only when...?