7 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2012 4:50 AM by nealeh

Tasks panel overview

community help Level 1
        • 1. Re:  Tasks panel overview
          Bonzocat17

I'm just starting to use Premiere 10. One thing I don't immediately understand is that when I click on 'Effects' 'Transitions' 'Titles' or 'Clip Art' in the Tasks Panel I am presented with a choice - which is fine - but when I click on 'Themes' all I'm presented with is one item, under a 'Style' heading, and is called 'Fun'. Why is there only one item shown when I click on 'Themes'?

• 2. Re:  Tasks panel overview
            the_wine_snob Level 9

It seems as though the full complement of Additional Functional Content did not install, or install properly.

If one installs from media, then they would need to install that content separately, after the program has been installed. If they install from a download, then there is a second download file, that must be used, after the program has been installed.

PrE installs with a limited amount of Functional Content, i.e. Menu Sets, Title Templates, Themes/Instant Movies, etc., and the Additional Functional Content should expand those with many additional files.

Did you install the Additional Functional Content separately? If not, go to your media (should be last disc), or to the second download file, and execute that to install the content.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 3. Re:  Tasks panel overview
              Bonzocat17 Level 1

Thanks Bill, but I'm getting a bit confused here.

What I intend to do is uninstall all the content folders, then reinstall them. Could you answer 3 questions please?

1     Which content folders do I download? There appear to be six - 3 content folders and 3 HD content folders. Do I download all of them?

2     When I downloaded these folders the first time they all installed automatically - I just followed instructions. Once the folders were downloaded I clicked on each one in turn and they installed automatically. Should I do something different to that?

3     You refer to a Functional Content Folder - what is this?

Finally, I found great difficulty finding the right page on your website to download the content. The only way I can find the right page wis to get onto my order history and click on the download link. BUT, this is all in French - can you direct me to the EN content download page?

Thanks for your time and effort.

Regards,

Bruce.

• 4. Re:  Tasks panel overview
                nealeh Level 5

Bonzocat17 wrote:

Finally, I found great difficulty finding the right page on your website to download the content

Everyone here are ordinary users trying to help each other out (i.e. it is not our website). If you want to contact Adobe click their logo at the top of the page.

You shouldn't be needing to do any of this stuff manually. You can uninstall the content using the Control Panel Uninstall a Program. You then download the content from Download content for Adobe Premiere Elements and run its installer. Provided you have PRE properly installed, the content installer will put everything in the right place. If you have a fast enough Internet connection I suggest you just download the AllContent1.

3.png

On my machine the content is installed at \Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 10\DVD Templates and \Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 10\Movie Themes

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 5. Re:  Tasks panel overview
                  Bonzocat17 Level 1

Thank you one and all, I have downloaded and installed the content again and everything now seems to be in the right place! 

I didn't realise that this was the forum and not the Adobe website and I apologise. You've been very helpful.

Regards,

Bruce.

• 6. Re:  Tasks panel overview
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Bruce,

That "Community Help" portal has been confusing to people on both ends, so do not feel badly.

The great news is that things are now working for you. Good luck, and if you encounter any problems, you know where we will all be.

Hunt

• 7. Re:  Tasks panel overview
                      nealeh Level 5

Good news, happy editing.

Cheers,

--

Neale

Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children