3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2008 1:00 PM by slaingod

    Flex Builder 3 error: This file cannot be launched

    dandante
      All of a sudden when I try to run my app from within Flex Builder 3, I get a popup that says:
      This file cannot be launched. I right click on my mxml file and the option to set it as default is greyed out.
      How can I make this error go away?
      Thanks
        • 1. Re: Flex Builder 3 error: This file cannot be launched
          slaingod Level 1
          Flex Builder 3 is pretty flaky for me at least, especially on Vista x64 with Logitech SetPoint drivers installed (I love my DiNovo Edge too much).

          I find I have to either do Clean builds or close the entire FB3 app when I start seeing errors like this, a couple of times a day.

          Also too make sure your bin-debug folder or whatever has all of the files you expect it to have, including the html file the debugger uses.
          • 2. Re: Flex Builder 3 error: This file cannot be launched
            dandante Level 1
            Thanks. I got around this by wiping the project and starting from scratch.
            Restarting FB3 had no effect.

            I'll try doing clean builds if I see this again. If you are experiencing this twice a day, have you filed a bug?
            • 3. Flex Builder 3 error: This file cannot be launched
              slaingod Level 1
              I've filed a number of bugs about a lot of things :P
              Part of the problem for me is that I am using Vista x64 and there are known issues with Eclipse 3.3 and the Logitech SetPoint drivers on that OS. Basically, in FB3 I get corrupted Property Dialogs and Preferences (can't change key binds, or set compiler config, etc.). It does work in Eclipse 3.4M4 with the plugin, but then Design Mode doesn't work properly (images and style are wrong), and that is unsupported by Adobe. So basically I switch back and forth between the two whenever I need to access the dialogs lol. Given that kind of situation, it is difficult to know what is a propblem with my specific config, and what is a bug.

              Generally one of the things I see is my embedded fonts start showing up as errors when I hit compile, then I have to do a clean build. CSS errors/warnings show up in the main mxml file instead of the CSS file (at the CSS file's line numbers).

              I've also seen issues where modules aren't saved to the properties files properly. Lack of conditional compilation support (debug versus release at the bare minimum) in FB3 is annoying (though you can do it with ANT).